Highlighted

Moving a website from Muse to another Adobe web design programme

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tend not to design websites as I'm an aging old school print graphic designer. I have one client who I have designed a website for in Muse and I'm now using Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4 - is Muse still supported on this OS? More importantly is there another Adobe design package that I can move the Muse work over to and it still open and function or is it basically a case of having to design from scratch.

Rather frustrating to be honest as I'm terribe with coding and find Dreamweaver very confusing - Muse was so straightforward, it seems like Adobe are shooting themselves in the foot over this one. 

Any help or advice is gratefully received and thanks in advance for your time and feedback.

Stay safe

Jaz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Moving a website from Muse to another Adobe web design programme

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tend not to design websites as I'm an aging old school print graphic designer. I have one client who I have designed a website for in Muse and I'm now using Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4 - is Muse still supported on this OS? More importantly is there another Adobe design package that I can move the Muse work over to and it still open and function or is it basically a case of having to design from scratch.

Rather frustrating to be honest as I'm terribe with coding and find Dreamweaver very confusing - Muse was so straightforward, it seems like Adobe are shooting themselves in the foot over this one. 

Any help or advice is gratefully received and thanks in advance for your time and feedback.

Stay safe

Jaz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is still supported in Catalina, yes. If you do not tend to start a business with websites, stay with Muse (for that one website). Anything else will have quite a learning curve and needs some money indeed. You may try blocs for mac, as this is a "no subscription" tool and needs no coding and seems to be work pretty well.

The only issue that may occure sooner or later with Muse - and this has to be made absolutely clear to your client - browsers may change and some elements in muse will fail but this could be in half a year or quite later - it is just no guarantee for anything - even forther OS after Catalina are quite sure not to support Muse anymore.

ALternative - use XD for prototyping the website with all its links - leave the animation stuff away - now you have two options: 1) use the included plugin "export to web" and finalize the site/project in Dw or Pinegrow or any code editor or 2) pass the prototype to a coder - this doesn`t has to lead to a much higher prize inevitably but it could, if you know what I mean 🙂

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no other Adobe web design program.  Adobe Spark and Adobe Portfolio are online services with very limited features.

MU's proprietary files will only work in Muse. 

You can export MU projects to HTML.  But if you can't work with code in DW or similar code editor,  that won't help you and could actually make matters worse.  

Finding another desktop app or online service will take time.  Another option is to sub-contract out the websites to a skilled developer.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your reply - my client is an old friend and would never want a 'web-developer' to do their site. Although to be honest that is the best solution!

Thanks

Jaz

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0