• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mozilla: contact form can't be filled in.

Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I have a contact form that works fine with every browser instead of Mozilla. Here it is not possible to fill in the fields, the curser jumps to the Mozilla search field instead. With mobile devices there is no problem though. Weird.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Just check www.pixel-island.de and scroll down to the contact form, let me know how it is going.

Regards ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

you also have a old click disable script... imo this should be removed as your first test

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The form is broken in latest Firefox.  The input fields do not respond at all.  Nothing happens when I click on the placeholders.  Try removing the animation on those form input fields and see if that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you also have a old click disable script... imo this should be removed as your first test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Nancy and Ussnorway,

I will try both. The weird thing is: on the other pages of that website the forms (inserted with copy & paste, so they are basically the same form) work absolutely fine. So I thought I just copy the form from one of the other pages and paste it into the index site - did not work, same problem. Meanwhile some work and others don't.

Then I tried another thing, thinking maybe it is an export problem. So instead of exporting as html and putting all data on the server via an FTP-client, I used Muse to put the site on the server directly. After a while I received an error message saying there is be a PHP error with the server.  So it is pretty likely a server thing, I will check on this also.

*sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines