• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.mp3 sound best practice

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of 3-10 MB .mp3 audio files I wish to include on a Muse-based site. I am displaying one player per page to simplify testing. I have not been satisfied with the performance of the Muse Audio Player widget or with the SoundCloud Pro player.

In the first case, Audio Player seems to want to load the entire audio file before displaying any graphic info in Safari for macOS. This leaves a blank screen for many seconds on end, which would mean instant death for site traffic. In Safari for iOS, the graphic info appears, but sound playback is not available until all (or at least a very large chunk) of the sound file is loaded. While this is better than a blank screen, it is still pretty bad. (This is not a server-side issue, because Chrome for macOS loads the pages and summons the audio for streaming at an acceptable rate.)

SoundCloud Pro widget works just fine at desktop resolution, but once the screen width drops to tablet or phone values, SoundCloud puts up a noxious Play in SoundCloud button that dwarfs the Play in browser option, and there is no way to disable this gratuitous pitch to distribute their iOS app.

Does anyone have a better solution?

TIA

Richard Hurley

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Ussnorway!

For anyone reading this thread: the link in Ussnorway's post launches a download of a 492 MB video that contains a presentation describing widgets generally and 123Muse's (3rd-party) widgets specifically. 123Muse is now museGrid. Very informative – gave me a good look into the level of functionality offered by 3rd-party widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines