• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-language Website with Adobe Muse

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to create a multi language website using Adobe Muse. I'm able to provide the translation of all the text content for the site in the languages that I want so I don't want to use anything like a google translate widget. What is easiest way to make that happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no "easy" way way. You simply create a separate Muse file for each language and then link them mutually if so desired once the folders for each language are published.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the threads you refer to contain references by other Staff members to other threads that also dont answer the questions..

or refer to putting google links on the page which is not a satisfactory solution.

May we have an actual answer? If there is one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess, Mylenium​s answer​ should be the correct answer. There might be some approaches that might be more interesting, but ….

If you provide the translation, this is the way to go.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess youre right.

Ill duplicate the entire site, swap out all the text blocks for translated versions and link them.

I was thinking of creating a second master and a duplicate set of pages within the same project. Instead of putting the translated version in a new project. It might get a little crowded in my Plan tab as there are about 200 pages, but then everything exists in the same file. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not knowing your site, you could also have country-buttons next to each page item and clicking this let´s the article appear in the desired language.

This could be done with a tabbed panel or the tooltip widget.

But of course with 200 pages it might be easier to duplicate the entire site and create a subfolder on your ftp:

yourdomain.com/language-A  – … … …/language-B – etc.

As composition widgets are responsive since 2018, this might work as well.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the perfect solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbq1vGnc6UY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines