Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

multiple 100% height containers

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I am very new to Muse and mildly overwhelmed by all the possibilities and features so this might actually be stupidly easy.

I'm currently working on an artist website. I want it to be built like a slideshow. You open the page, you get greeted by a hero image. You scroll down, you get to the next "slide" which is the next category of the artist introduction. You scroll down further, you get to the next slide and so on.

To do this, I have created multiple rectangle boxes with 100% width with background images and some text. I've then added anchor points to the top of the rectangles and used the widget "Anchor+" to get rid of the scrollbar and instead smoothly scroll to the next anchor point.

Now the problem is that whilst the rectangles are set to 100% width, I didn't find a way to set them to 100% height. Both the background images (inside the rectangles) and the text should get bigger or smaller depending on the size of the screen. Right now, some rectangles are too big to fit my laptop screen for example and are thus just not accessible to view since scrolling navigates you to the next anchor point.

I cannot use a widget that deals with hero images since I kind of have multiple hero images below each other. Of course, I'd prefer a free way to do this if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Robin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Muse out of the box doesn’t support 100 % height containers. This was a planned feature, but couldn’t be built in, because Muse was declared EOL.

If you need it, just google for „Muse 100% height widget“ and you will find different solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some friendly advice.  Don't use Muse.  It has no future.   You could use Dreamweaver with 3rd party extensions from Project Seven.  This is a faux parallax scrolling example.  And it's responsive to fit all devices.

http://www.projectseven.com/products/tools/pch/showcase/doo-***/index.htm

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muse out of the box doesn’t support 100 % height containers. This was a planned feature, but couldn’t be built in, because Muse was declared EOL.

If you need it, just google for „Muse 100% height widget“ and you will find different solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines