Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple random homepages

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I would like to create the possibility to randomise the "main project" in my website's homepage, is it that possible?

Here an example of my homepage, and 'Le Trouvère' is in pole position but, what if I wanted to have 'oedipus', or the other projects below, in the same place of 'Le Trouvère' in the next regenerated homepage?

thank you for the help.

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 11.44.29.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Not possible with static HTML. That would require a dynamic system like Wordpress that inserts content into web page templates based on specific criteria, including arbitrary "randomness".

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible with static HTML. That would require a dynamic system like Wordpress that inserts content into web page templates based on specific criteria, including arbitrary "randomness".

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, nether if I create three or four homepages in adobe muse, is it not possible to give the order to initialise the website with more than one page? without randomness's widget

Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is we cannot create more then one "home page" in Muse which will be labelled as index.html and in no way we can create more then one index.html pages.

You probably have  to follow the suggestion provided above, and look out for any other options like Wordpress.

Thanks!

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could redirect to an array of URLs with JavaScript.

javascript - Random HTML page redirect - Stack Overflow

PS. Robert Wilson's work is always interesting.  Looks like a great season!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines