• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Slideshows in one page- only 1 in 4 works

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a page on our website with several slideshows (showcasing our latest artworks), arranged in rows:

Available Art

But only one of the slideshows on each row works? Not sure why this is happening...

Also, there is a lot of extra space between the rows even though I have arranged them into a tight grid.

I have pinned the slideshows thinking it would help with positioning, but even when deleting all the pinning the issue persists.

Any help/advice is most welcome!

Thank you in advance,

Marcello

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

First of all: Did you really read and follow the link about proving a .muse file to inspect?

Your file has 125 MB with tons of really big images. Do you want us to help or provide a time consuming occupation for our leisure time? Only a few mouse clicks were enough, to reduce your sample file to 18 MB. And now we have a file to work with and find the issue without distraction and tons of breakpoints. Next time: Please help us to help you!

Now the subject:

Your issue is quite simple:

Try this:

For t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the slideshows are strange. Working in which part?

Could you provide a .muse, following these steps?

Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Please only one page, with two or three slideshows, so we can easily have a look at it?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Uwe,

Thank you for your reply.

Please find here the link to the .muse file with only one page and three slideshows.

Dropbox - DSW1page.muse

On the website only the first slideshow on the right works (e.g. "Chinese Bowl" on the widest screensize). The others are not clickable.

Hope you can help sort this out?

Best,

Marcello

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try my very best, mate.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me beginn harmless, you really sent huge file, wow. 124 MB is quite huge for only one page.

Not the answer you expect but, …

1) … you do really not need the breakpoint at 320 on either the master nor any other page.

2) The breakpoints on your master are really not helpful, as far as I can see there´s little in design that needs so many breakpoints, luckily.

3) Your menu and the title was very different in almost every breakpoint - this doesn`t make it easier for you to detect for issues.

I reduced the master to breakpoints for 2400-780-640 (2400 is not really breakpoint though, )

4) Above your slideshow there´s an empty text frame, hardly to see (it´s empty - nothing - nada - )

I deleted this.

Everything else you would see in Guenters answer, I was not able to see your error so quick – thanks Günter Heißenbüttel​

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Uwe,

I have made quite a lot of breakpoints as in my previous websites various elements and text got all scrambled up at different widths and I wanted to avoid that. They are definitely too many though!

I'll delve deeper into Günter's suggestion and trim down the breakpoints...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW, by deleting only those unnecessary breakpoints on your master I reduced the file size to 29,8 MB.

So, in your case it is really important to go with less breakpoints possible.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all: Did you really read and follow the link about proving a .muse file to inspect?

Your file has 125 MB with tons of really big images. Do you want us to help or provide a time consuming occupation for our leisure time? Only a few mouse clicks were enough, to reduce your sample file to 18 MB. And now we have a file to work with and find the issue without distraction and tons of breakpoints. Next time: Please help us to help you!

Now the subject:

Your issue is quite simple:

Try this:

For test reasons follow these instructions:

• Place a yellow rectangle, assign a clearly noticeable rollover state to it, and in the next step, place a standard Muse slide show in front of it, just like this:

Screen.jpg

• Now, preview in browser and try, to activate the yellow rectangle below the slide show.
  • You see: No chance, if you try it in the area, where your slide show covers the rectangle.

A slide show has a „bounding box“, and in browser, you can’t click „through“ this bounding box to reach the elements below.

Exactly this happens  on your slide shows:

The right slide show’s bounding box covers the others. If you delete the right slide show, you can click the next one, but you’ll see, that the now slide show left to it isn’t reachable for the same reason.

This is definitely unavoidable.

To find a way out of this design issue, you should use a completely different design approach:

Use a composition widget, place your thumbnail into the composition trigger and a slideshow into the composition target. You may add as many triggers/targets as you have slideshows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günther,

Sorry, didn't think about deleting the breakpoints (it might be helpful to add this to the info about providing a .muse file)...

I understand now what happens to the slideshow not being clickable any more and will try using the technique you suggest.

Thank you for your help and again sorry for the 125 MB files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. Simply think of it the next time! We all are trying to help here. But dealing with such files, is quite time consuming, and eventually causes other users not to get an answer within a reasonable time.

Hope, you succeed in re-designing the slide show part of your site! And keep in mind, what fotoroeder​ said: Your page has way to many breakpoints. 3 or 4 should really be enough. And No breakpoint at 320 px. This is you minimal page width!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines