• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

multiple Slideshows inside a Composition widget

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a composition widget with multiple buttons which run a slideshow for each button. It works ok but when i go to different slide show it seems like the first image is only show for a short time compared to the rest. It is like it is they are all running at the same time but only seen when that slideshow is selected. Is there a better way of doing this or a setting so the slideshow only start when it is selected. Here is the link to what Im trying to do. MuseThemes | WireFrame Lithium PROJECTS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

I'm just learning Muse so I have very little experience to go on. But in Options window of the menu widget  you can turn the Submenus on or off. You can also change the arrangement to manual from Top Level, or All pages.

Another option to play with is, on your page layout page which shows the hierarchy of all you pages.... this is the page that the menu uses to full the menu / sub menus. So by changing the arrangement you can change what and how the menu dropdown get populated.

Select Top Level i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peterr,

If I understand correctly, you want to stop the autoplay function of a slideshow, right?

In this case, you can simply uncheck the autoplay option as shown below.

Please correct me if you are looking something else.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush

Thanks for your response.

Is there a way for it to start the slideshow to rotate on it’s own after the autostart is tuned off, so it only starts when it’s selected. Or is this the case where its on or it’s off and nothing else and you have to click on the next or back button to see the images? Thanks again.

Peter Rath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peterr,

If you don't find a solution, here is another approach that my solve your issue.

This is what I have done. Instead of having all the slideshows on the same page on top of each other, put each slideshow on a separate page and link them from the menu on the home page. Set up your master page to have the elements that you don't want to change from your home page. Then each click on the menu will bring up a new slide show but none of the other elements the page will change. It will look the same as you have now but each slideshow will not interfere with any other.

JeffN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I started doing this idea but came across a new hurdle. When I start adding pages it adds new sub menus to my main navigation menu bar, I don’t want this I want to keep the layout and navigation to stay the same but try to make the slideshow work the way I was hoping. Is there a way to turn this off so it does’t change my navigation so there is no sub menu. Thank for your time.

Peter Rath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just learning Muse so I have very little experience to go on. But in Options window of the menu widget  you can turn the Submenus on or off. You can also change the arrangement to manual from Top Level, or All pages.

Another option to play with is, on your page layout page which shows the hierarchy of all you pages.... this is the page that the menu uses to full the menu / sub menus. So by changing the arrangement you can change what and how the menu dropdown get populated.

Select Top Level in the options, an move all pages you don't want to show to another level.

JeffN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I made my site using this idea it seems to be working the way I want. I want to publish it to the business catalyst but want name it something different so so the client and compare the two versions but when I do this it doesn’t give me the chance to rename the site it just goes to the next window and it would overwrite the old version any idea how I can do this? Thanks.

Peter Rath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to plan mode, right click onto the page thumbnail, and you will find options to exclude pages from your menus.

Or you may set up a manual menu In the menu widget‘s configuration panel.

Ups, I see, the question is already answered. I shouldn‘t write posts that late in the (german) night!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I have another question when I try to publish to the business catalyst it doesn’t give me a chance to rename the site it just goes right to the next window but I would like to rename it so the client can compare the twos sites since they end up a bit different. Any ideas on how I can change the site name thanks.

Peter Rath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There´s an option dropdown, where you can choose a new site:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-23 um 21.48.24.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines