• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple triggers for one target??

New Here ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create something like the composition widget, but have multiple triggers activate the same target?

I want to trigger an image to appear, but I need it to be able to be triggers by rolling over 1 of multiple triggers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Create the desired number of buttons and enter their IDs in the field 1, separated by a comma. Before each ID there should be a # sign.  Or use the graphics style.

Enter the trigger ID in field 2. Dropbox - Click Redirect.mulib .

79084e9b7b.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us a .muse, reduced to your issue to check. Out of the box it is not possible to have multiple triggers for one target.

You could use multiple compositions and create the targets all the same, maybe.

I would as of this reading make the one trigger large enough to content multiple graphic elements to make the user think

these are many buttons. But for what should this be good?

So finally, what do you want to achieve? Screenshot, picture, Site?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create the desired number of buttons and enter their IDs in the field 1, separated by a comma. Before each ID there should be a # sign.  Or use the graphics style.

Enter the trigger ID in field 2. Dropbox - Click Redirect.mulib .

79084e9b7b.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm just a new Muse user. How exactly do you use the Click Redirect.mulib? I mean, where do I find the Object and Trigger IDs?

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Bryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview in the browser (ctrl + shift + E) explore the source code using the developer tools in the browser.

bd70159441.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pavel, thanks so much for taking the time. I found the IDs necessary, and still couldn't make it work.

I'm assuming that the Object ID is being referred to the button (sitting on the home page), while the Trigger ID is the one in the composition widget which I have on another page.

I know this is too much to ask, but huge appreciation if you can explain it in like a step-by-step way... Where do i place the Click Redirect widget? I'm wondering if I should add a link on the actual menu button to the page where my composition widget is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm assuming that the Object ID is being referred to the button (sitting on the home page), while the Trigger ID is the one in the composition widget which I have on another page.

This only works if all objects are on the same page.

f58ce00c46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can target to any iframe that has an id | name... in muse this is done with a pre-made widget or just code it by hand.

p.s, you can have as many triggers as you want pointing to the same target id

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Along with what our contributors have suggested above also see this thread which looks like addressing this similar kind of issues - multiple objects to have the same rollover state.

Let us which works best for you.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines