• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse 2017.1 - Files Missing from Server Message

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Muse 2017.1 and re-uploaded all the files for the website.  I get the following message when the site loads:

Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.

Clicking close, works and the site looks fine.  What is going on?  How can I stop this message?

www.baldwinantiquejewelry.com is the website.

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Please read this carefully, then you'll find the file, you are looking for and you will be able to fix your issue: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9702632#9702632

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Can you please try the steps mentioned in the following help document : Some files on the server may be incorrect or missing

Regards,

Akshay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not find my AppPrefs.xml file on my Mac.  I only find this file in my Documents folder.  I can not find anything that could be causing the error.  I updated everything that I can find, and I still get the error message on multiple browsers on several computers and mobile devices.  I get the error on every page that I open.

I think it is the update!  Just my 2 cents.  What can I do?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this carefully, then you'll find the file, you are looking for and you will be able to fix your issue: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9702632#9702632

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able for fix the issue by changing the AppPrefs.xml file!  Thank you!  I wonder what was causing the error in the first place?

Thanks!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I feel like I am just masking the issue if I alter the AppPrefs.xml file...Just weird that the error still appears after following the solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving the same message. I am currently working through the list of solutions/workarounds in Akshay link to see if I can fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not fixed it.  I will keep trying stuff...  I hope there is a simple answer!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and have solved it for myself by clear the browser cache and reload it. But it is a message that you don’t want for your visitors (not everyone want to clear his browser for only your website…). So I modify the <key>SuppressMissingFileError</key> value from <false/> to <true/>.  Unfortunately this solution from Adobe did not want to work. I hope that there is a other solution for this problem. It looks on the moment very unprofessional for returning visitors…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines