Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse 2017.1 has broken site - elements not visible/misaligned

Participant ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am currently working on a site; a test version of the site pre-2017.1 update can be seen here: Jericho Coffee Traders

After updating Muse to 2017.1 whenever I view a page in my browser to test, page elements are either out of place or simply not visible at all. See screenshot below of the homepage now to compare with the test site:

Homepage example.jpg

I haven't changed anything within the site, and have also tried re-applying the same pinning/sizing attributes to see if they work, but to no avail.

Can anyone shed any light on what is causing this, or if it's a known issue with the new update?

I can post more images of the pages if requested.

Many thanks,

-Niall

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, In this case I suggest you to stick with previous version until we roll out the hotfix update.

The bus has been logged positively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ankus ... it is nice from you when you say  sorry for the confusion.but I would like to say that now  a days sorry doesn’t solve anything .. what we want it is solve the problems .. if I get to the end of the month and I do not have the money to pay for my subscription adobe does care and  immediately suspend my subscription .... So it would be nice to have mutual respect ... every time a new version of adobe muse comes out always …always comes full of bugs .... sorry but I do not think it's right ..... I’m a subscriber of adobe muse since  the first day ... I have at this moment 28 sites and I just don’t know what I'm going to do with the hours and the problems that this has caused me …. please get this fixe a.s.p. …..

if I have to comply with my obligations adobe also to do the same

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so frustrated right now. The update has messed up the site, and it looks unprofessional.

I'm not sure how to fix it. I can't revert to the older version because I saved the file in the new version already (stupid I know - learnt my lesson for next time).

PLEASE FIX THIS NOW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said Zapine. Adobe has become very good at taking my money and not providing good support. I love their products but I am getting really tired of having to search forums or go to second parties for support when my software is being sold to me every month. I could understand back before the CC versions that if I had an older version, it was m problem. But now, the newest versions seem to be my problem as well. Sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you define what is meant by:

Workaround-

ii. Or Create an invisible rectangle and place it in the master page in such a way that it overlaps the header content and the body area.

Does that have to be on the top layer - and does it need to completely cover all of the content effected?

My issue is the "stretch to browser" rectangular menu - ( master menu so seen across most all pages) - of the 6 menu "triggers" only 3 work - it is if they have shifted elsewhere and can not be seen.

Tried the "patch" you sent out  - did not help.

beyond frustrated.

Thanks for any updates -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey sandyt1000,

Your issue is something different than what is discussed in this thread.

However, I would like to take a look at your issue.

Would you mind sharing your .muse privately file via Dropbox or Creative Cloud as explained here - Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

To do a private message hover on my picture and click "message".

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Workaround-

i. Unpin the content in the master page or remove “stretch to browser width” property

It's the issue with PINNED OBJECTS (the left and right site navigation icons pinned to the bottom on my site) on a MASTER PAGE that causes the links on my site to freak out and disappear entirely for all linked elements by scrolling up and down the web page.

If I UNPIN the elements on the MASTER PAGE, the links work again on the LAYOUT PAGE.

It's still an issue in Version 2018.1

So ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, very annoying. I hope for a quick fix for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lesson learnt:

1. Don't do an update as soon as there is one available.

2. Save website file with old version as a back-up.

Frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i keep falling for updating!!!! must try to hold off in future

i have tried to reinstall the previous muse but that doesnt work of course, and what is the use of backing up the website when updating?? the same problem would happen on the backup file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not so, when your file converts to become compatible with Muse 2017.1, if you saved that as a new version then the old version (still pre-2017.1 compatible) would work on an older version of Muse if you rolled-back and re-installed a previous version.

I've done this on one of my sites, I was a bit hasty and a bit stupid and didn't on the site I'm working on in this thread, so there is only the broken 2017.1 version of it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but how do you reinstall the previous version of muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 1.05.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 1.05.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou!!! all fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ankushr40215001​ If it helps, I have also uploaded the Muse file here: Dropbox - JCT - Website.muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should take update offline. It´s not working and people get really confused if they don´t find this or some other discussion...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

See Re: Issues reported with 2017.1 (and workaround solutions) for troubleshooting info on this release.

Alternatively, you can continue using a previous version Download and install Creative Cloud apps until the issues reported in this update are fixed.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

As previously mentioned, this option only works if you've got a back-up of your file from the older version.

When I tried opening mine in the older Muse version, it couldn't open the file because I had already resaved it in the new one. Stupid I know. But I have learnt my lesson.

So unfortunately this is not a solution.

Can you give an estimate on when we can expect this bug to be fixed?!? It's made my website look unprofessional.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the 200000 workaround solutions worked. I'm having the same problems as everyone has.

What should I do now? 

The last option I am thinking about is to do my website from scratch again, but here is the problem; the bugs will still be there. So no way.

I really hope the next update fix ALL the bugs, otherwise, I will have to do the whole site from scratch. 

All projects are now destroyed. And please, don't tell me " go back to the previous version ".  This option is not on the menu.

Please, FIX FIX FIX FIX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Don't read this

Whilst I don't work for Adobe, I can only imagine how complex it is to create these programs and fix any bugs that occur. Clearly these issues weren't expected by the dev team, and whether you attribute that to poor testing or simply because they weren't appearing/discovered by the team during development of the latest update, I'm sure they are doing everything they can and are working as fast as they can to solve the issues.

I think we're all frustrated by this, I for one have a site that I (stupidly) didn't back up before updating and so now is on hold until the bugs are fixed. Others may be in a better postion with backed-up files who can now roll back Muse to the previous version, but I'm sure would still like to update and take advantage of the new features.

But perhaps, rather than simply berating the dev team and shouting 'fix fix fix', it would be better to provide information or resources they can use to help them? And if you've done that already, be patient and hope an update comes sooner rather than later. I've seen prompt and informative replies from the team so far, so there's no reason to assume they aren't working hard to get the fixes sorted as soon as they are able to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for understanding, much appreciate it. The team is doing its best to investigate and fix these issues as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, do feel free to contact the Customer Care team Contact Customer Care  and share your files in case they have workaround solutions we are not aware of over here.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

I sent the pre 17.1 version of my site and the post 17.1 version of my site to Ankush in case that helps.  I tried the overlapping empty rectangle, unpinning and stretch option change workarounds suggested and also they did not resolve the issues.  I also tried many other formatting options on how to resolve the misaligned items and could not come up with a solution that would fix it, short of rebuilding. FYI, in your trouble shooting efforts, when I rebuilt a misaligned button, it then misaligned the composition element beneath it which was aligned prior to fixing the misaligned button.  I suspect if I had rebuilt that composition element it would have continued to trickle down to the next items on the page which are of these element types.

I reverted to the previous version of muse, rolled back to the previous version of my client's site and the alignment issues resolved.  I lost two days of work in rebuilding some work I had done on the new Muse version, but I bit the bullet and just rebuilt the lost work on the previous version.

I appreciate that your team is all hands on deck to fix the unexpected issues and I thank you for all your efforts in creating a wonderful Adobe product.

Kind Regards,

Laurie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran .....referent to your comment :

Thank you for understanding, much appreciate it. The team is doing its best to investigate and fix these issues as soon as possible

I have for principles of being a tolerant and patient person but what is too much is too much

I would like to tell you that I am tired of your apologies and I want you to express my deep disillusionment with your lack of professionalism ... you walk back and forth with excuses without any logic that is only missing of respect you have for us .... excuses do not solve anything at all .... action yes .... how long have we been with this? please stop with those kind of excuses because we are not kids ... we are adult people, responsible that we fight daily with dignity to reach the end of the month and fulfill our obligations to you ADOBE .... is that what you do with us ???..... please have respect for your clients and fulfill your obligations as we comply with you ... what a shame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zapine,

The team is fully cognizant of the urgency of the situation. They want to be sure that they have captured all major scenarios before the next update, which is why there has been a delay. If you are up to it, we encourage you to to try the prerelease build Adobe Prerelease and let the team know of your observations.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran

When you say .....

The team is fully cognizant of the urgency of the situation. They

want to be sure that they have captured all major scenarios before

the next update, which is why there has been a delay.

1) I would like to tell you the following:

As you may have seen in one of my answers in the forum ... we are no

longer up to this type of excuses .... this was a thing of the past

.... we pay at the end of the month .... and we want to be served as

what happens in any other service that is provided .... when you go to

a restaurant ..... to a pharmacy .... or you buy a car ....

you do not want excuses. ... if you pay you have the right to be

served ..... in your work when it is time to receive your salary you

are not interested in hearing excuses saying .. well you know ...we

have had some problems here and as such you have to wait to receive

your pay cheque ... how and what would you feel?

Do you think this is acceptable? This is what you do with us for years

... Preran .. we are adult people ... professionals.. that deserve to

be respected.

2) When you say If you are up to it, we encourage you to to try the

prerelease build

Since when we have to do your home work ?

Who gonna pay for my time?

Are you going to pay me to test the program? If this is the case ....

no problem .. Please stop with these tricks .... we are not your

employees .... is your obligation to test the programs and see if

everything is correct ... not us.

with sad

Zapine

Quoting Preran <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Preran created the discussion

>

"Muse 2017.1 has broken site - elements not visible/misaligned"

>

To view the discussion, visit:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9842625#9842625

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines