• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse 2017.1 Objects shift vertically and now overlap

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of building a new version of my existing website and when previewing the pages in the web browser, everything was OK before the update. Since the update, although everything looks OK on the page in Muse (in all breakpoints), when I preview in the web browser, some of the objects appear further up or down the page than they should be and some elements overlap when they are not supposed to (they don't in the design view in Muse).

When working in different breakpoints (in design view), some of the menu bar options at the top of the page disappear - for example, the re-size and align options disappear on the mobile (725 pxl) and tablet (1038 pxl) breakpoints but not on the full width web breakpoint (1200 pxl).

Some of the objects (e.g. text boxes, images etc) are not visible in all breakpoints even though 'hide in other breakpoints' hasn't been selected, yet the same objects were visible across all breakpoints before the update.

I have tried saving to a different file name, creating a new file and copying the contents over, uninstalling and re-installing Muse... nothing works.

Fortunately this is a re-design of my existing website, so my current website is online, visible and unaffected (for now!)... otherwise I'd be 100% annoyed, rather than about 98%...

Everything was working OK and as expected before the update...! Come on Adobe, we're paying for this service - the least you can do is sort out the issues before releasing updates - otherwise you're in danger of becoming like Apple (who are experts are rushing updates out before sorting out issues!).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Hey All

After some more research our team has tried to make a fix via a .mulib file for "objects shifting vertically" in the latest update.

Steps to install :

-    Download the .mulib file from the shared link - https://adobe.ly/2vjkLuZ

-    Double click the .mulib file ( This would add the .mulib in library)

-    Open Master or Child(wherever the issue is seen)

-    Insert the Vertical shift .mullib in page(anywhere)

-    Preview the page where vertical shift was a problem

Please validate if it res

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the time I upgraded this morning, every single site I have opened, made even a slight change to and uploaded via FTP has had the header move down on the page more than halfway into the content. This is HUGE problem. Please fix! I will l happily supply screenshots or URLs so you can see the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you have a look at the solution in Issues reported with 2017.1 (and workaround solutions) and let us know if it worked for you?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All

After some more research our team has tried to make a fix via a .mulib file for "objects shifting vertically" in the latest update.

Steps to install :

-    Download the .mulib file from the shared link - https://adobe.ly/2vjkLuZ

-    Double click the .mulib file ( This would add the .mulib in library)

-    Open Master or Child(wherever the issue is seen)

-    Insert the Vertical shift .mullib in page(anywhere)

-    Preview the page where vertical shift was a problem

Please validate if it resolved the issue so we can document it.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc

The one that you are referring is different from what others have stated. The fix that is provided is for vertically shift of page elements when some header element is full scaled and browser pinned.

The solution works for the this case which is reported mostly.

We are aware of the normalization issue that you are referring to, resize mix option on page is causing the normalization not to work correctly,which is a separate issue.

Thanks,

Sanjit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful statement...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will there be a fix for this issue as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came across this thread when searching for a vertical shift issue with a pinned nav bar. Downloaded the .mulib file and bingo! Fixed. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://iviym.businesscatalyst.com/pushissue_4_1/index.html

Files here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/isvyqlt42ga2u5z/170825_Pushissues%20remain.zip?dl=0

I was able to fix some of the issues from pushissue_4-1 by deleting the mulib. Watch Home​ and download directly from the browser to check.

I was not able to keep the slim text boxes, set resize to none to not leave the canvas, though.

This is much more annoying, I think. Mostly because in design view it looks not so bad but not really satisfying, I guess.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-11 um 11.53.57.png

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talked with tech support and they helped with the vertical shift problem on the mobile layouts but after that was resolved all of the images in my fluid lightbox gallery were duplicated. I solved this by spending hours deleting and re-importing all of the images on the site that I was working on. I solved the duplicating images , but the vertical shift problem came back. I read a few of these suggestions and changed each mobile layout from full browser width to  responsive width. Now all of the images are duplicated again. This is 5 hours of work!!  Adobe should not have made this update. Please suggest how this can be resolved. It's embarrassing and so much extra work with no solution.

The site is zacharycava.net.

Thanks,

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have fixed this issue in muse pre-release program. Please join our pre-release program and let us know still your are seeing this issue.

I would like to invite you to join our pre-release, where you can install the upcoming build with fixes included.

**Prerelease would require you to sign NDA**

Adobe Prerelease Program

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

link replies "400 Bad Request"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem last night. I had a textbox with text near the right side of a page and I placed a thick line (rectangle box) at a certain place within the textbox. Both objects were set to NOT adjust width (no responsive adjustment)

I wanted it pinned to the right side (used the right side "middle" pin). I grouped the textbox and thick line and pinned. When I opened in browser the textbox and line shift up. If I shrink the browser and then enlarge the browser it is shifted back to the correct spot on the page. I tried the following:

1. made sure nothing was pinned before grouping and then pinned - problem still existed

2. Pinned both objects (textbox and line) and then grouped and pinned again - problem still existed

3. Pinned both object and then grouped but didn't pin - the grouped object didn't pin to left (as expected but not what I wanted)

4. Pinned the textbox and then pinned the line, but did NOT group the two object - problem was fixed.

In this case it was OK because I didn't want the textbox size or line to adjust  width when the browser was reduced in size. But it turned into a frustrating 30 minutes of my time trying to find a workaround for something that shouldn't have needed a workaround in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that is was my third party widget that was causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here with the vertical shifting. When resizing the browser objects move all over the place. The Vertical shift.mulib file doesn't fix the issue for me at all.

Here is an example page Adobe Creative Cloud

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 3.47.02 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben

Sorry for the troubles, we have been working on fixes and the issue you are facing is fixed internally.

I would like to invite you to join our prerelease , where you can install the upcoming build with fixes included.

**Prerelease would require you to sign NDA**

Adobe Prerelease Program

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/

Thanks,

Sanjit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sanjit. Works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

benh33461389  schrieb

Having the same issue here with the vertical shifting. When resizing the browser objects move all over the place. The Vertical shift.mulib file doesn't fix the issue for me at all.

Here is an example page Adobe Creative Cloud

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 3.47.02 pm.png

Regarding this site:

Master fix: Nothing should be outside the canvas any time, watch the scrubber carefully!

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-11 um 08.03.59.png

Also this donate-button covers a hamburger menu?

One of your menu items is a menu, all the others are buttons, pinned mixed totally.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-11 um 08.07.12.png

On the widest "breakpoint" we see 5 menu items, smaller breakpoints show only 4 items?

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-11 um 08.10.38.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-11 um 08.10.44.png

On smaller breakpoints it looks even more terrible:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-11 um 08.10.54.png

Please order your master page first, before blaming muse, it does the wrong job. The "forever Angels" deserve it.

It might be a good solution to pass this to a new thread, because your issue occurs for sure not from muse.

Also found this on the "page" you provided.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-11 um 08.20.02.png

Best Regards and best wishes for the angels

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking a look fotoroeder Obviously what you're seeing is not a representative of the live site and the majority of the muse site was deleted in order to show a specific problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. But the master might be connected to several pages anyway, right?

And the page looks strange as well.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix did not work for me. I posted my problem on the Muse Facebook page and was directed to this post and told to try the vertical shift fix but it didn't help. My images aren't shifted though they are cut off. They look fine is design but when I preview them they don't stretch across the whole page and part of the image is gone. Here are pictures of what is happening...

What is looks like in design...

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 9.33.15 AM.png  example 2 a.png

What it looks like in preview/browser....

example 1 b.png

example 2 b.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t think, that this has anything to do with a bug. I assume, this is a layout issue.

I know it is difficult and time consuming, but as your site seems to be considerable heavy, could you please delete all pages but one, all elements but the „misbehaving“ ones and give us the .muse file? The elements, shown in your screenshot should be definitely enough. And please delete most of the images of the slide show.

Please follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This layout is not new for my homepage it has been setup this way since the site was built 2 years ago and has never been an issue. This happen after Muse was updated and no changes were made to the layout/design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share your muse file on muse-ts@adobe.com so that we can look into the issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines