• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MUSE 2017 keeps crashing on Launch. Wont open.

Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did a clean install of Mac OS 10.12.1 and Muse 2017.Now Muse crashes upon launch. I did multiple clean installs and same result. Adobe please help and fix this immediately. Ive also seen several users on here having the same issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Hi everyone,

Most crash issues have been fixed in the latest update. For more info, see Adobe Muse 2017.0.1 is now live. Read this first.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Azzie,

This issue has been reported to us, in another thread.

Please refer to below post Re: MUSE 2017 will not start

Thanks

Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try to launch the app after removing the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly what preferences am I suppose to remove?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try steps mentioned in thread Muse 2017 crashes as soon as I open it.   and let us know if it helps.

Thanks

Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and no success. as I mentioned before I don't have any 2015 cc files on my computer because this was a complete fresh clean install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

after trying all different ways i decided to make a back up with Time Machine and a fresh instal of OsX Sierra. After that i reinstall Muse and the problem keeps and won't go away. Always have the same error message. Here what it look's like:

Capture d’écran 2016-11-01 à 12.46.20.png

Hope that it can help you finding a answer working because all my work is on this website.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello mmike00023,

Could you please post the contents of MuseLog.txt placed in your documents folder.

-Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe! can you please stop asking users on this forum to try all these different things, its apparent Muse2017 has a bug. Just push out a update to fix the issue. We the users should not have to navigate to our library folder and delete a file and then delete another file etc... it should just work. several users are experiencing the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround you can open muse while pressing shift key, as mentioned in https://forums.adobe.com/message/9110581#9110581

Thanks

Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, this does not work for me, just like it doesn't work for some other users. it still crashes immediately . Adobe, please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds very strange, but try this a temporary workaround:

Start Muse and immediately put a different, already running application into the foreground, so that Muse continues starting in the background. Here, this procedure works fine (on Windows and macOS), and Muse doesn't crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our apologies for all the trouble, please try to run Muse as a workaround suggested by Kratika.

Meanwhile, we are doing our research to get in depth of the issue, and fix it asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

did it but nothing changed.

BUT Holding the Shift Key when opening Muse worked for me.

I hope that it will also work in the futur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect Mac_heibu, if I need to do all of that to get this app to work, I rather not do it at all. I don't want to be in the middle of working and this app crashes on me. I can't take that risk. Adobe just needs to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course the Muse team has to fix this, and they certainly will. But it would be fine to have a workaround, until this has happened. Starting Muse in the background does help here without any exception (not so pressing the shift key during startup).

Apart of that: What do you mean with "I don't want to be in the middle of working and this app crashes on me"? You told us in your initial posting, that "Muse crashes on launch"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Muse crashes during launch and your suggestion didn't work for me. But I'm saying if I happen to actual get it to open, who know if it's going to crash while I'm working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you dare to work with any application in the market? Every app may crash during work …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac_heibu​ yes this is true, but the same can be said about Hard Drives right? all hard drives will eventually fail, but if I bought a new hard drive and as soon as I plugged it in, and it started clicking, and dismounting out the gate would you still use that hard drive during a project? of course not. So same applies for Muse 2017. If it crashes out the gate, why would I dare use it on a project. Thats all I'm saying. Adobe just needs to fix it, instead of suggesting all these workarounds that may or may not work, as in my case and so many others,don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Azzie,

Please try this workaround if it works for you:

Muse should not be in Focus while launching (e.g. click Finder right after launching Muse, until it successfully launches).

Thanks

Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked for me and I'm happy to use this workaround for a while.  Can you say when the issue will be fixed?

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please download the beta build from below link which fixes this issue.
Adobe Muse Private Beta Program

Thanks
Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Participation in the Muse Prerelease Program is under a Non-Disclosure Agreement. All discussion of the beta builds and beta program should be limited to the private http://museprerelease.com forum.

For others reading this thread, the Adobe Muse Prerelease Program is available to all active subscribers who can accept the terms of the Non-Disclosure Agreement. You can join by going to http://museprerelease.com

The prerelease build installs along side the shipping build. The two don't have any overlap.

Adobe Muse CC FAQ

Thanks,

Sanjit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Most crash issues have been fixed in the latest update. For more info, see Adobe Muse 2017.0.1 is now live. Read this first.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My crashing is new.  Can you help?

Josephine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines