Muse 2018.0 , can it create subfolders now?

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I was wondering if the new muse 2018.0 can create subfolders? 

For example:

www.domain.com/en/products.html

and

www.domain.com/de/products.html

I want to create a nice folder structure, which is what I do with my existing program.  I know this was not possible with earlier versions of Muse. 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://jforbes.org/99/98/nextpage.html

I just added the '99' folder in the Control Panel of my Hosting Company.

The '98' folder was added in the Muse FTP client dialog.

I don't recall Muse ever not being able to assign, thus make, a folder from within it's FTP dialog box!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tl90967399: No, Muse doesn’t create specific (asset-) folders for each page of your site, and you can’t create such folders manually without disturbing Muse’s internal logic. I personally think, such a folder system on the hosting server is quite unnecessary.

A „nice folder structure“ makes definitely sense on your machine, for sorting, collecting and fining the data, used in your Muse project. But on the hosting server, there is no real need for that, as long as Muse enables the browser to find its data. (A URL structure, which doesn’t match ta certain folder structure on the server, normally even has no consequences for SEO.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tl90967399  wrote

Hello,  I was wondering if the new muse 2018.0 can create subfolders? 

For example:

www.domain.com/en/products.html

and

www.domain.com/de/products.html

they are sub domains and you add them to your host from the Muse publish screen

Screenshot (262).png

Home

so in this example eveything inside the "fish" folder is one web site and every thing outside the fish folder is a different website (by default)  but you can join some of them up or link between them

tl90967399  wrote

I know this was not possible with earlier versions of Muse. 

you did have a lot more control in the old Muse for making folders... most of that got removed when the current IBE system come in

you can of course just use Dreamweaver | notepad | most FTP tools to make extra folders and link them up to Muse with hyperlinks or custom code | widgets but most users will never do this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines