• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse 2018 default widgets glitch

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have issues with Muse 2018. Slideshow gallery widget glitches so much, I had to delete all of them from my site, so I cannot show them. Basically the problem is, that even if they are set to no resize and all items are pinned center, the widget items starts to wander around on the page when the page is resized. The page is responsive. So I changed all of them to featured and tooltip compositions, because they seemed to work without glitches. Actually from a desktop browser they work seamless, but if I open the site from a mobile device after uploading to my web hosting, the pages that contain the above-mentioned widgets stretch. It is absolutely frustrating, after dozens of hours of work the included default widgets glitches the site.

Example: first image is from a desktop browser sized to the phone's CSS size. I cannot scroll left or right, since it is a responsive page and everything is set up perfectly. Second is the same page opened from mobile, third is how far I can scroll to the right. Same page, opened directly from web hosting.

muse 1.jpgScreenshot_20180217-125529.pngScreenshot_20180217-125713.png

Only those pages stretch, that contain a default (featured or tooltip) widget and only on mobile devices (both Android, iOS, phones, tablets). You can check it too on http://treform.hu/referenciak (not and advertisement, it isn't even English). Do you hava any idea how to solve this? Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

It is possible, to achieve, what you want, if you completela revise pinning and make sure, that the control elements of the slideshow don’t overlap the hero image. Look at this sample file (a reduced version of your demo file):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/imb8gpfvuzxb8or/medvemacko.muse?dl=0

But there is perhaps a horizontal-shifting-issue issue remaining. I’ll have a look at it tomorrow!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bet, this is not an issue with built in widgets. It seems to be a user error.

Please have a look at this document: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8953

Additionally make sure, that no parts of any widget (f.E. invisible targets of „tooltip“ composition, „Next“ button of a slideshow) are placed outside the breakpoint width.

If you don‘t find a reason, reduce your site to one single page, delete as much elements as possible (including unnecessary slide show images), save this .muse file under a new name and upload it to Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service. If you post the download link here, we can have a look.

Please make your .muse file as small as possible! If you don‘t, we have to do it, while checking the file. Beside that it saves download time for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for both answers! Since you seem skeptic, I created the .muse file, without images to be as small as possible with 3 widgets. First one is a "tooltip" that works perfectly from a desktop browser, but stretches the page when opened from a mobile (touchscreen) device. Second is a slideshow widget without pinning, third is a slideshow with pinning, none of them working properly. These widgets are the same as I tried to use before, except they only filled with colors instead of images. I left the header menu untouched, that helps see the stretched page on mobile devices. You can download the file here. Thank you in advance for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very little helpers download a file from an unknown place with 107,5 MB, get warned if they don`t want to be tracked by google, to click HERE and so on.

Please reduce your file ( I really hope that the three images/widgets do not need 107 MB ) and share it via dropbox or even better your Folder called Creative Cloud Files and share the link with us (by right clicking the image and:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-19 um 14.39.09.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell why it's 107,5 MB, it contains no images, maybe you will be able to tell it. However I feel like you don't really believe what I say from the beginning so here's two screenshots to prove it is reduced as much as possible. But the best would be if you could check the file and we could get further. Here's the Dropbox link Dropbox - widget test.muse

muse1.jpgmuse2.jpg

Additional information: if I set the slideshow widget (in this file) to responsive, only the image shrinks in width and height, the next and prev buttons and text container shrink only in width and stays in place, thus making it look pretty awful. Please try it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you even try to read my link above? Don’t think so.

The Muse widget are doing exactly, what you tell them to do.

Except the largest (fixed width) breakpoint all widgets and all widget elements are set to „Resize: None“. Set the widgets and widget elements to resize in every breakpoint, then all works fine without any pinning. You can’t expect the widgets to stay within the phone viewport, it you forbid them to resize.

There will be only one issue left: A slide show caption is actually not allowed to overlap/be placed within a slide show hero. It will not move synchronously with the images.

By the way: A simple „Save As …“ instead of „Save“ reduces your .muse file size from 112 MB to 2 MB(!!). Like many other applications, Muse doesn’t remove deleted elements from the file structure, but only tags them as „no longer needed“. This reduces saving time considerably. A „Save As …“ causes Muse to re-build the complete Muse file from scatch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer! However, we misunderstood each other. I don't want my widgets to resize, I set their appropriate sizes to each brakepoint. If you recheck it, at the 500px breakpoint widgets are 360px wide, which is the lowest width at mobile devices nowadays. All of their elements are inside the page even if you resize it to 360px. So I don't understand the sentence "you can’t expect the widgets to stay within the phone viewport, it you forbid them to resize". They don't have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

medvemacko  schrieb

Basically the problem is, that even if they are set to no resize and all items are pinned center, the widget items starts to wander around on the page when the page is resized. The page is responsive.

Responsive design is not the right term, I guess. Responsive design can be done with the use of fixed width breakpoints or fluid width breakpoints.

In both cases you better don`t use/need pinning at all for slide shows, as long as they resíze in width and heigth.

You need pinning in most cases only when certain objects are set to not resize with the browser. That´s sometimes helpfull/necessary with rectangles, containing something which should not resize, text that should not resize.

Your scroll to the left with lots of space – well this is best answered from Günter Heißenbüttel​.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible, to achieve, what you want, if you completela revise pinning and make sure, that the control elements of the slideshow don’t overlap the hero image. Look at this sample file (a reduced version of your demo file):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/imb8gpfvuzxb8or/medvemacko.muse?dl=0

But there is perhaps a horizontal-shifting-issue issue remaining. I’ll have a look at it tomorrow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally: I tested again on „real" devices, and it behaves, as I said:

It is possible to centre fixed width elements in a fluid width breakpoint, but in the actual case, the page shifts horizontally in smaller breakpoints.

I reported this issue in the Prerelease forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Günter Heißenbüttel,

I learned a lot from this conversation. Since the horizontal shifting issue exist, I try to bypass it and hope it will be fixed in the version 2018.1. I understand you have a lot of customers to deal with day by day, so I appreciate your help. I wish you and fotoroeder the best.

Best regards,

medvemacko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines