Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse 2018 doesn't work!

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I’m having a hell of a time with Muse! It’s always been temperamental – especially when publishing to Business Catalyst, it liked to quit, so I would Save As before trying to publish – but since upgrading to 2018 I can’t seem to do anything – even open files!

I get all of the following at various points:

Adobe Muse has encountered an error and will now exit

Error 3119

This Adobe Muse site file requires a newer version [when I tried re-installing 2017 and trying to open files I’d made using 2017!]

Please could someone help me out?

I usually work off a networked drive but this also happens when trying to open files from desktop.

Using iMac late 2009 on macOS Sierra version 10.12.6

Thanks

Matthew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

vab1950  wrote

Error 3119

have you got an sq database?

vab1950  wrote

I usually work off a networked drive

thats a bad idea... don't use them for working files (they are designed for storage) or you will end up with corrput files

vab1950  wrote

This Adobe Muse site file requires a newer version [when I tried re-installing 2017 and trying to open files I’d made using 2017!]

the 2018 Muse file can not be opened in the old 2017 Muse and it was upgraded the first time you saved it in the new 2018 Muse

your only option now is to remake the site from 2017 Muse

p.s, I agree the 2018 Muse is a dogs breakfast... it was pushed out the door busted and I don't use it but you can still get 2017 from Install Adobe Muse version 2017.0.4 and 2017.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines