• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse 2018 not available for download

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac (at home) and a PC (at work). Yesterday I updated Adobe Muse on my Mac. After doing this, I created a website and saved to take to work. Today, I opened the new website and Adobe Muse gives me an error that it was created on an updated version and to open I need to update this version. When I look at the CC app, Muse 2017 (which is what I have installed) is the only one available, no updates. When I open Muse, it gives me a prompt to update my program, and when I click update it does nothing.

I have tried deleting and not keeping preferences and reinstalling to no avail.

Any ideas how I can have a direct install of Muse 2018?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hey Shea,

Please check if you are able to update the app as directed here - Update Creative Cloud apps?​

If it still doesn't work, then you might have to uninstall and reinstall the Creative Cloud Desktop app itself - Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application.​ ​

Hope this works out, please let us know.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Shea,

Please check if you are able to update the app as directed here - Update Creative Cloud apps?​

If it still doesn't work, then you might have to uninstall and reinstall the Creative Cloud Desktop app itself - Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application.​ ​

Hope this works out, please let us know.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shea

Where can I download the Latest 2018 Muse application so that I have a copy for future on my Desktop, not in Creative Cloud.

Thanks very much

Lauren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read this blog post of Steve Harris (MuseThemes): https://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news/how-to-download-adobe-muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried downloading but it didn’t download to my desktop only to my Creative Cloud. I need the .dmg file. Please explain how I can get this.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is EOL and only available  from your CC Desktop App with a qualifying Creative Cloud Plan.

Under CC Desktop Preferences, check the box for Show Older Apps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy

Thanks very much. I assume this will always be available to locate here?

Regards

Lauren Wolff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't assume

Muse is avalable from your cc app or you can goto https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/muse to get it if your system doesn't have cc app running for some reason but in both cases Adobe only keeps the current Muse build at this site and if some patch comes out next week then that new build will be the one that download and this build goes in the bin

there is one exception for reasons I won't go into two Muse 2017 builds are avalable from Install Adobe Muse version 2017.0.4 and 2017.0.2 and these work outside the option above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much, this is what I was looking for, in case it's needed as an alternative in the distant future! Much appreciated! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to Muse? My Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop does not show the Muse application any longer! What happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a full CC subscription? In this case it should be there. Just read this:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10929013#10929013

Since Muse is declared to be „End of Life“, you can’t subscribe a separate Muse plan any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Muse is discontinued.  Are you on an Individual or Team / Enterprise account?  If the latter, you need to contact your IT dept and/or Adobe Rep about getting Muse added to your package. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked perfectly for me in 2021 -- Yes 2021.

I had accidentally uninstalled Adobe Muse 2018.1 on Mac (El Capitan 10.11.6) and could not re-install on Creative Cloud v4.3.0.256 (not the latest) but I did some digging and was able to download Muse 2018.0 and update within Abobe CC desktop to 2018.1 on 12/9/2021 —

Softpedia Link: https://mac.softpedia.com/get/Developer-Tools/Adobe-Muse.shtml

Use the option listed as: "External mirror -1 CC 2018.1" >> but it's actually 2018.0 - so it's necessary to update to 2018.1 in CC Desktop.

FYI- (I tried the 2017 download but it was not recognized by Adobe CC Desktop v4.3.0.256 and could not be updated, but it appears to work as a standalone app independent from Adobe CC Desktop. Not sure about Typekit connectivity however.

Before discovering this miracle... I was going to attempt to migrate Muse 2018.1 from my newer laptop after patching my MacPro 2008 to OSX 10.12 or above.

Aside from this ordeal... I do recommend Webflow for the longer term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines