• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse 2018: Still no Tables!

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Since the very first version of Muse I am waiting for a table widget, but also in the the newest version I downloaded today there is no such a thing. I use Muse for educational web pages with many large tables where I often make little changes. I know that tables are difficult to make responsive, but today there are many ways to do that. The third party widgets for tables are not really helpful and using HTML inline frames is tedious. I like in Muse the flexibility of the "Plan"section for large websites. What do you think? Jürg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

It is a good question and from what I know, it is more of an Engineering challenge to implement the tables feature. The best way is to use a widget like the experts have suggested. You could also vote for this feature here and use the comments section to provide more information on your requirements.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about this? https://www.tablesgenerator.com/html_tables

Did you ever try?

Alternative but not tested yet.

HTML Table Generator

Best Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use this widget: Adobe Muse Table Connect Widget for Adobe Muse by MuseThemes

Let's you update it remotely via excel through google docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a good question and from what I know, it is more of an Engineering challenge to implement the tables feature. The best way is to use a widget like the experts have suggested. You could also vote for this feature here and use the comments section to provide more information on your requirements.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tables are old code that is being phased out... most new devices don't like them and its only a matter of time before browsers treat them the same as flash and stop allowing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the musetheme widget. It's the widget that convinced me to join them. However from all of their widgets (and some of them are truly great) this is the one I like the least and the one I can do completely without.

This is the way I do it. Go to excel, Create your table and export it as an html file. Open the file in notepad, copy the code and insert it in an html element on your muse page. Can't be easier and takes the same work as if you would be using a widget. Plus you have more control over the layout, color schemes etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned above still there´s a https://www.tablesgenerator.com/html_tables​ and HTML Table Generator​.

I am not familiar at all with excel so …

Keep an eye on what Ussnorway​ wrote.

Best Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe, I know this site, but I want to edit tables inside Muse. Jürg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what about the one, mentioned from ivent77974331 :     Adobe Muse Table Connect Widget for Adobe Muse by MuseThemes

or watch here: https://musewidgets.com/collections/widgets/table​ .

You could also try a different approach by using simple text boxes, set them once as you like and copy it as much as you need.

Advantage: responsive to mobile might be easier

Watch this and try the mobile version as well. Of course colors and typo is up to you.

Dropbox - Tab alternative.muse

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhochweber  написал(а)

Uwe, I know this site, but I want to edit tables inside Muse. Jürg

I do not think that this will happen sometime. If you evaluate the services for generating tables, you will understand that they are comparable in size to a separate application and hardly can be made as widgets for Muse. That's why it has not happened so many years.

There is nothing difficult to use these services. Just try and soon you will forget that you want such a widget in Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just adding to this post.

I've been struggling with responsive tables for a while and finally found a great way to solve this problem. www.divtable.com. One can create the table the way you want it in <div>. Copy CSS and HTML code into a HTML OBJECT (don't forget to add the style and html tags) and depending on the size of you table you can use it up to 380 px. It solved most of my table problems in this responsive age. Hope it is of any help to you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your comments.
What I really want is a widget where I can edit tables inside Muse with all the features that the html <table> tag offers (especially adding small audio players).
This is my website I want to rebuild:

http://www.hochweber.ch/gitarre.htm

or:

http://www.hochweber.ch/guitar.htm

If tables are old code than there must be an alternative way to present large table data in scientific or educational websites.

Jürg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines