• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse add-on not showing up in Creative Cloud folder

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating...I have signed in to my adobe account, and installed the widget at exchange.adobe.com, and it says that it will be downloaded automatically on my computer. My creative cloud app says it was successfully installed, yet I click the notification and it says there are no files there. I manually navigate to my creative cloud files on my desktop, and there is no downloads folder, and no files except "Audition". Not sure why audition is listed in here either.

I went to my add-ons again at the exchange.adobe.com site, and it is listed as installed. The directions say it will be downloaded automatically to your creative cloud folder, and to double click to install it.

Synching is turned ON in my creative cloud, and if I go to the folder in my creative cloud online, the add-on isn't listed there either.

I've tried signing out, turning syncing off and on again, and tried renaming the opm.db file and refreshing CC, searching my computer for the name of the file but nothing comes up, and you can't download the file from the site either apparently. I've also tried yelling at my computer but that just seems to scare the dog.

I've tried the "Download and install these another way" suggestions and none of them work either.

It shouldn't be this hard to install a simple add on! I

Am I doing something wrong or is the problem with adobe?

Thanks,

Joel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

The Adobe Exchange description, to which location the widget (addon) is downloaded, is completely misleading as far as Muse is concerned!

Normally Muse widgets are not installed or saved to a Creative Cloud folder/library, but simply to the download folder, which is specified by your operating system (or by yourself, if you have changed the default location).

On a Mac, it is normally the „Downloads“ folder, on Windows I don‘t know the standard location.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Exchange description, to which location the widget (addon) is downloaded, is completely misleading as far as Muse is concerned!

Normally Muse widgets are not installed or saved to a Creative Cloud folder/library, but simply to the download folder, which is specified by your operating system (or by yourself, if you have changed the default location).

On a Mac, it is normally the „Downloads“ folder, on Windows I don‘t know the standard location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see...quite frustrating for such a simple task. I hope they fix this in the instructions.

Thank you very much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines