• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse alternative?

New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just began using Muse today, and love it, and see that it's getting phased out.  SO, what app is replacing Muse?  I'm using Muse to create before and after image slider pages, so what Creative Cloud app will support this widget?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are Dreamweaver Extension Developers. Actually, we were the first company to ever create professional-grade DW plugins. That said, our Before and After widget is kind of in a class by itself:

Before and After Image Comparison Widget for Dreamweaver

However, our tools are not free. They do, however, come with the best support in the Adobe community.

Other than us, there are numerous open source and online web site builders, which would be the alternative for Muse users not migrating to Dreamweaver. There have been several topics created on this forum over the past few weeks.

Additionally...

Adobe has mentioned a new initiative called Sparkle. You might want to keep your ear to the tracks. I have a feeling Adobe will come up with a Muse replacement...eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trevorlord  wrote

I just began using Muse today, and love it, and see that it's getting phased out.  SO, what app is replacing Muse?  I'm using Muse to create before and after image slider pages, so what Creative Cloud app will support this widget?

Here is a link to a listof non Adobe programs that Muse users are contemplating since the Muse EOL announcement as alternatives.

As for Adobe's next direction ALsp misspoke regarding the name ...

ALsp  wrote

Adobe has mentioned a new initiative called Sparkle.

Its called Adobe Spark.

Which is a work in progress with much still unknown concerning direction and features, or if something else in conjunction regarding workflow will emerge from Adobe. I am sure Duncan and his groupies here on the forum will love the Spark misspelling however.

LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for correcting the name I wrote. Yes, I did indeed mean Spark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

trevorlord  wrote

I just began using Muse today, and love it, and see that it's getting phased out.  SO, what app is replacing Muse?

Muse widgets only work in Muse.  At least you haven't made a big investment  in Muse.   That's probably a good thing.    No one app will replace Muse.   A lot depends on what type of sites you're building and what kinds of functionality you need today and 3-5 years from now.

You can export your Mu project to HTML.  Mu will generate the HTML, CSS and JS files which you can open in any code editor.   Dreamweaver alone or with 3rd party extensions is one option.   Pinegrow,  Brackets, Visual Studio Code,  Atom, Sublime Text, Coffee Cup and many others are also available. 

Adobe Spark and Adobe Portfolio are hosted on Adobe's servers.  They might work for some projects but not all.

For drag & drop ease of use, several Musers are impressed with WebFlow.

Responsive web design tool, CMS, and hosting platform | Webflow

Others have said they like the free-form canvas of  Sparkle app  -- a visual web design tool for Mac only.

https://sparkleapp.com/

Ultimately, you will need to decide which tools are the best fit for your project goals. 

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines