• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse and cookies

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a cookie tool for me which I can implement in muse? The problem is that in the EU every user has the right to choose whether he would like to activate cookies on the visited website or not. It basically means that the tool has to deactivate all cookies at first and activate them only when the user gives his permission.

Seems not logic but that´s the new EU law.

Thanks

Nils

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I recently talked with cookie-bar.eu. Unfortunately their tool is not capable of disabling cookies by default. It basically means that tool number one from nancy is completely useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is a tool to find out which cookies your site uses and where they come from,

Check which cookies a site uses - Cookie-checker.com

Instead of disabling cookies after the fact (which is almost impossible), why not  make a plain vanilla, cookie-free home page that contains no analytics, no social media, no persistent sessions & no 3rd party cookies.    After people see your cookie statement & hit the  I AGREE button, a cookie should be invoked to remember their consent.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy,

I checked now only eight from sites, I have done with muse and found no cookies. But there´s no form to collect any data, but google maps, so that might be one point to avoid cookies.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything from Google -- maps, calendars, docs, analytics -- will probably add cookies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may check:  http://susannewoerz.de/wann-und-wo.html  and check the site with cookie checker – it does not find any cookie.

If you say, google places cookies, it leads to, if cookie checker is reliable?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using private keys with your Google widgets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  schrieb

Are you using private keys with your Google widgets?

Yes, but I know I have to change this quite quickly to this API stuff or use Günter Heißenbüttel​ advice.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found out, that one has to check on "every" page as the free version from: Online Cookie Audit ​ tells that the free version only checks the "homepage" and so does  cookie-checker.com and checking the page I mentioned above you are right, it places one cookie:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-08 um 23.03.13.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The regulations of GDPR require that you declare your use of cookies, based on the original EU Cookie Consent Law. If you don’t have the facility to deactivate the site's cookies using the tool - this is not always an option, especially in Muse - you must at least give your visitors a link to how to block them from their device. This would usually be in your privacy policy, which most cookie pop ups give you the option to do.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines