Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse: Assets issues and Publish Page Issues

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all,

I am having two distinct issues, one of which might be an actual problem.

This is my first time using Muse. I have always used Dreamweaver to build websites, but I needed to make my website adaptive to screen sizes.

1st: Assets? I have all my graphics/images in folders according to categories. When I build a page for each category, I link my buttons and or image samples to the actual files in their folders. However, when I published and looked in my general web-folder, I noticed that each file was copied into an asset folder? I've never seen anything like this in Dreamweaver. It has literally doubled the file size of my website. I have 58 sub folders for 58 pages that contain files and images for each subject. It's organized by category but Muse seems to want to dump every image and file into 1 Asset folder.

2nd: Not all the pages to the website come out the same, even though they are all using the same Master Page and breakpoints. Some pages scroll down to show all content, other pages sit in a fixed state and cut off the rest of the page?

Any answers/solutions?

Keith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

1st Muse isn't Dreamweaver... Muse puts assets in the assets folder and images in the images folder but that doesn't double anything.

If you have uploaded extra folders with dw | whatever then you can just tell Muse to use the files from those folders instead.

2nd you want us to tell you what the problem is with these web pages you have not given us the url | .muse file to?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st Muse isn't Dreamweaver... Muse puts assets in the assets folder and images in the images folder but that doesn't double anything.

If you have uploaded extra folders with dw | whatever then you can just tell Muse to use the files from those folders instead.

2nd you want us to tell you what the problem is with these web pages you have not given us the url | .muse file to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't uploaded the new site to my server yet, until I have everything linked and any bugs worked out. That's why I published what I had and viewed the site off my computer.

However,....each folder has it's own resources for the website that contains the images and files needed for that given page. Muse, did in fact create an "Assets" folder that does in fact contain a copy from each of the folders that I linked the files from.

web_site_folder.jpg

Assests_Folder.jpg

Color_folder.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines