So I've worked in Muse for years now, nothing really major as far as problems. I'm developing a website currently for a client of mine. I got the website up and running and she wanted a few changes to it. I then reopen the file, and Muse kept giving me the warning about preview failed. I tried all the steps of thing I could find throughout the form, clearing caches, uninstalling/reinstalling, "cleaning" Muse out, deleting muse files in library. Still nothing.
Here's the weird part. Muse opens, if I'm editing the master file, then it's working file. If I edit the "Home" page, change between break points thats when it becomes extremely slow/ unresponsive. I'm assuming that maybe it has something to do with the "Home" page somehow? I do have some assets missing, but went through and deleted them. Problem still kept on. I've pretty much tried everything I could think of, or have found online. It's now freezing at the loading data box, that shows a loading bar. Then I have to force quit it because it doesn't want to budge out of the loading sequence. There is also a few font's that are not able to load because of typekit or some reason like that. So Idk what to do. Any help would be much appreciated!
I am on a iMac running the latest version of Muse, on macOS Sierra 10.12.5
Did you try yesterday’s bug fix release 2017.0.4.8? Maybe your problems are related to a bug, involving the vimeo/YouTube widget. This bug is resolved with the new version.
Thanks for the detailed description of your issue which says that "Muse freezes while working on the home page of a particular file".
Adding to what Günter Heißenbüttel has suggested, can you try one more step just to see if there is an issue with a single home page or the complete site.
Copy all the objects from the home page of your current site (ctrl/cmd + A) > create a new page > go to home page > right click > choose paste and create breakpoints option.
Please try working on this file and let us know how it goes working.
Thanks for the quick reaponse, I was trying to do this but can't seem to even be able to load the page. It starts checking preview connection then freezes and crashes. I also do not have any youtube/Vimeo widgets anywhere on the website.
Coyld I just duplicate the home page? Would that be similar To copy and pasting?
Can you create a separate copy of just your home page and master page attached to it?
Then share it with us via Dropbox or CC so we can try having a closer look into your issue.
I made duplicates of the page, opened the page, and it still gave me a preview failure.
Now as I previously stated the master page works but the home page itself just keeps crashing.
I can't link the one I made the duplicates in cause it crashes before I'm able to save it. Here's the original though.
I have had a look at your site and found that it kinda freezes when I switch to smaller breakpoints.
I found that after changing the breakpoint's size on your home page same as of your master page, then it works as expected.
For deleting and adding the breakpoints I right clicked on the breakpoint bar and used add/delete breakpoint option.
Here is the version of your site which I have fixed so you can compare and replicate the settings - Adobe Creative Cloud.
Hope this helps.
Now that you mention it, this entire issue did start to happen when I created a new break point. Which breakpoint did you delete or edit?
Thank you that version you did works flawlessly!
Thanks for the help and reviewing the file!
Hey Glad that it works.
So the summery of my solution is:
1) deleted 571, 673px breakpoints.
2) Went to the Master page and added 670px breakpoint
3) Came back to home page and added breakpoints at 550 and 670px
This is what I did to resolve the issue
Awesome thank you a bunch! I literally tried everything I could think of all day yesterday, and now I was able to make the changes to the site I needed to. Thanks again!
I'm running the latest version of Muse and every time I try and preview my page the program becomes unresponsive. It can take about 5 minutes for it to come back and preview my page. This only started happening with the latest version of Muse.
I'm running Windows 7 and have a very high spec PC, so not sure why this is happening.