Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse can't recognize different font weight

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

muse_font_problem.png

Font series "Raleway" was synced to my computer from Typekit.

I want to use them as "system font" in Muse CC, because in my region Typekit webfont loads slowly.

They work well with Illustrator and other applications, but in Muse CC, only Bold works well.

All the other weights show as ExtraLight, when applying anyone of them to the text, the text also display as ExtraLight weight.

Does anyone have an idea what is happening?

Sorry for my poor English....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

xyethehe  schrieb

I want to use them as "system font" in Muse CC, because in my region Typekit webfont loads slowly.

You know, that using this font in the way, you are describing, inevitably ends up in converting it to an image during output?

It is a big difference in terms of web design, if a font is installed as a system font or a web font. Just read my answer (post 4) here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163

To use a font as a web

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xyethehe  schrieb

You know, that using this font in the way, you are describing, inevitably ends up in converting it to an image during output?

It is a big difference in terms of web design, if a font is installed as a system font or a web font. Just read my answer (post 4) here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163

To use a font as a web font requires more as a Truetype or OpenType font file; It needs .woff, .eot and .svg files too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the .woff and .eot files of this series, when I add them as self-hold webfont, they also all display as ExtraLight in the preview.

I think the problem is Muse can't recognize the local .ttf file of different weight in this series, so they all display wrong on my computer.

Maybe it won't go wrong when I upload the site to FTP, while only .woff and .eot files will be uploaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

did you find a solution to this problem? I have exactly the same problem. The fonds that are installt on my system are not being recognisd by muse 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wonder, if you really have the „exact same problem“. The initial post talks about font weights, you are talking about fonts.

So, what exactly is your issue? And:

• Which fonts are you talking about?
  • Are all of them not recognised? Only some?
  • Which kind of font (system font, standard font, web font?)
  • Which font format? (TrueType, OpenType, Postscript)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines