• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse CC 2017.0.4.8 ‘error message that Muse had to unexpectedly quit’ in the midst of a SAVE

Participant ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to cope?

(ME: MUSE user since first release)

At 1:55 PM this afternoon in the midst of a SAVE, Muse CC 2017.0.4.8 gave an ‘error message that Muse had to unexpectedly quit’.

I had been saving all day, as I know to do this.  In fact a save had been done less than 10 minutes prior.  Muse CC has a tendency to hang and crash.  This would be simple to tend to, as I had only been editing a section of text; just go back in after re-starting...I thought.

So I re-started Muse CC. It failed to open the file.  Oh my goodness.  I rebooted the workstation.  I again re-started Muse CC.  Although it will open other files, it will NOT open the very project I was working on when the program gave the error warning and closed on me.

Here is the message Muse CC gives when trying to open the project:

“This Adobe Muse site cannot be opened, no records in main.active table”

The site is currently running 'live' on my demo web server (I can share with troubleshooting team) and is in the final hours of a 10-day build.  I did contact Adobe via chat, asking for a customer service technical representative on this matter today…now.  It is for business.  The site is only hours from launch and there must be a solution.

URGENT

I can and will share the files I have to get this resolved.

On Adobe chat in the 2:00pm hour I was asked for and shared the MUSE.LOG file and the file named “SHL-3.0.2” which is the Muse site file that failed during save along with a Windows 10 System screen capture.

I do have the files that are running on the C-panel, and have downloaded them to share if needed. It is everything that is on the web. Although I can open it in Dreamweaver, doing further edits could be impossible.  I was still in the process of completing a last batch of images in a slideshow composition, and then to edit each breakpoint as usual.

The crux is that the most recent-alternate-build under another name dates 5 days and 50 hours of work ago.  I do not have a way or have the time to re-create the past week of work for launch Wednesday evening (tomorrow).

Any assist would be amazing.

So here is an idea I tried but did not find success in...

Open the same basic MUSE site (earlier build) and make it just like the one that got messed up.  But only re-create the final page I was finishing, having it be the only page in the site; then export to HTML.  On it's own uploading that single page to the C-panel with the rest of the site....and...

What I found was that it does not inherit the scripting or manifest of the site, so is interpreted as texts with no images or CSS with a semblance of the menu- but wrong.   Hey I tried.

Has anyone found a way to do something like this?

Thank you, Jeffery

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

I would load the last backup of the Muse file and get started... sorry Jeffery

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would load the last backup of the Muse file and get started... sorry Jeffery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines