• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse CC 2018.0 problem

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Muse CC 2018.0 a week or so ago to replace/update an earlier (2017?) version and there is now a problem. 

Platform/software: I run Muse CC on a late 2012 i21.5 inch Mac desktop with 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 running OSX El Capitan version 10.11.6     Muse has been used to create and upload my web-site for the last 16 months without any serious issues (issues that I cannot work around).

The problem: The message (jpeg below) keeps appearing, and so far I cannot relate it to any actions I have taken other than it seems to occur when moving through the Muse breakpoints from smart phone (380px) to tablet (768px) to desktop (1200px). 

On re-opening Muse  after it has exited (as in the attached screen dump jpeg of the error message) the problem persists.  Moreover, on reopening and uploading it to my hosting service without doing any further editing to my Muse file, the upload does not complete, saying "some files may be missing".

What I did:  Wondering if the conversion undertaken by Muse to make an earlier file suitable for Muse 2018.0 was causing the problem, I recreated an entirely new web-site from nothing using Muse 2018.0, at no point copying or pasting anything (text, jpeg images, widgets (no third party widgets, etc. have ever been downloaded), etc.) from the older Muse file.  Sadly, after 15 hours work, I find the same problem occurs with this newly-created Muse file as well. 

To me this suggests there is something wrong with Muse 2018.0 and/or an incompatibility with other software running on my Mac.  On this latter point, the only third party software running on my Mac is Microsoft Word for Mac 2011 and the Adobe CC suite, of which only Photoshop CC, Acrobat CC and Muse CC are downloaded.  All other software (apart from El Capitan) is as supplied by Apple with the machine back in 2012/13 (e.g. Safari, Mail, etc.)

Possible cause: One thing that might be the cause is that if I reboot the computer and do not either open Safari (version 11.0.1) in the background and do not use my browser (Safari) to preview the site, the problem does not seem to occur.

Question 1a: Is there an incompatibility between Safari 11.0.1 and Muse CC 2018.0?  If so, is there a work-around or - better - can Adobe fix it, please?

Question 1b: whether this is the problem or not, what do I do now, please?

Hoping someone can help,

Guy, UK

Muse error_1 Nov 17.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Putting aside comments like what my parents might have told me, I fear the suggestion provided did not solve the problem in my case.

For me, the key to the correct answer is, I suggest, in the original error message (screen grab attached at the top of this thread), viz. "TextLDO" and "ILG..." which, once I had deciphered them, pointed me in a more likely direction.  It appears I was wrong to suggest the primary problem was with Muse 18.0 and Safari and, perhaps because of my "bad steer", I suspe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guy,

Strange, since we haven't got any such issue reported, it looks like a system specific issue.

And also you said that it's happening with a newly created file also, so this can't be a file specific issue as well.

However, to figure out the exact cause of the error, can you please locate muselogs.txt in our program folder and share it with me?

Instead of pasting the whole content here, you may share the file using any service Dropbox.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush,

Thanks for getting back. I have just sent an automated crash report to Adobe timed at 23.29 UK time (GMT). Regret can’t work out how to save crash report which seems to be routed to Apple, not can I work out how to cut and paste. All I could do would be to screen grab using tiffs but that would take for ever

The crash was generated exactly as I reported before (Safari open, cycled through breakpoints).

Hope you can pick it up, but let me know if/how to get further info to you if needed.

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush,

Further to my last, here is a tiff screen grab of crash report of the first few lines.

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I deleted your tiff screengrab as it wasn't required.

I am sorry the museogs.txt can be found under documents folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush,

Sorry I got the wrong log file.

New to Dropbox, I hope you can find the Muselog.txt file. Let me know if you can’t and I’ll try again.

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really could do with some help here, please, because six days on and I am still unable to use Muse.

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guy,

If you would like to rule out any conflict happening due to any other service running in background, try rebooting your Mac in safe mode.Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Thanks,

Akshay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akshay,

Thank you for getting back. So I did what you suggested, deleting two auto login files (iTunes helper and Dropbox neither of which I need). After that and while my iMac was still in “Safe mode” Muse worked. I then logged out and restarted in normal mode whereupon Muse crashed as before with the same error message.

The only background service running was AdobeResourceSynchronizer (see attached screen grab jpeg) and, other than Muse, I had opened no other application from the dock (Mail, Safari, etc.). Afraid not solved yet,

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I had almost same issues with my typekit once, I created, with support from Adobe, a new user on my Mac.

Before this, of course, I saved my Mac via Time machine, then created a new user, since then it works fine.

In my case this was done with the help from Saurabh Kumar from Adobe Support.

In my case we didn`t know from the beginning that it would be a typekit issue, but came out when I wanted to do some settings with any font. Saurab then did via Teamviewer a great support.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe,

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I have never accessed Typekit via my CC subscription, but that might mean nothing if Adobe somehow now include it. Indeed the only CC applications I have installed on my Mac are Muse, Acrobat and Photoshop, with absolutely no add-ons or third party applications subsequently added.

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess, you are connected to typekit anyway by default, isn`t it, ankushr40215001​?

But anyway, try it with a new user, leave the old one as long as you need it.

I guess, if you install muse, right from scratch into the new user, this is worth one tryout, isn`t it?

Don`t forget the time machine backup. This is the most important.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe,

Thank you, I hadn’t worked out that was what you were suggesting. Bear in mind you are talking to a bit of a computer ignoramus who chose Adobe on the basis that it provided software that was trouble-free (ouch!).

Time machine is in twice daily use at the moment, so fully understand the point you make there. Will aim to do as you suggest, but need a little time to worry about what other crashes and data losses the ignorant Guy might cause. Uninstalling Muse 2018 and reinstalling Muse 2017 has not solved the problem either, but I am reluctant to abandon Adobe because of their excellent (and trouble-free) Photoshop.

Indeed, I am starting to get so desperate to consider if the problem will go away by the application of $2k by simply buying a new Mac running the latest software, which is beginning to seem cheap compared to the 100+ hours (and associated worry of my feeling of inadequacy and betrayal of my web-site visitors) that I have spent so far.

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guy,

to be honest, nothing is trouble free, didn`t your parents tell you that ?

I am using a MBP late 2011 with the almost latest OS X10.12.6 Sierra instead of High Sierra.

It is not that tricky, though …

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-10 um 23.04.00.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-10 um 23.04.10.png

You don`t have to delete the current user, just deinstall muse, add a new user, keep track of the new password or keep the same as you like, install Muse and see what happens. If this doesn`t help, you need more and deeper help, I`m afraid.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putting aside comments like what my parents might have told me, I fear the suggestion provided did not solve the problem in my case.

For me, the key to the correct answer is, I suggest, in the original error message (screen grab attached at the top of this thread), viz. "TextLDO" and "ILG..." which, once I had deciphered them, pointed me in a more likely direction.  It appears I was wrong to suggest the primary problem was with Muse 18.0 and Safari and, perhaps because of my "bad steer", I suspect contributors did not revisit the original error message.

Currently I am thinking the primary problem seems to stem from Muse having a limit to the number of "In Line Graphics" that it can accommodate within a single text box, which causes the "Text Laptop-Desktop Operation" error.  By co-incidence, I seem to have reached that limit just after I upgraded to Muse 18.0 with my 20 or so ILGs weighing-in at a total of something in the 10MB region or more in a single text box.

Another clue (relevant or irrelevant) but never marked as answered and of long standing was found in forums.muse Getting a runtime error in ContainerController

By downsizing the ILGs (jpegs) and placing as many as possible outside the text boxes, my problem seems to have gone away.  Maybe Adobe Muse team may wish to explore whether there is indeed such an upper limit for ILGs?

Thank you to all for your contributions,

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds great if you found a solution or at least a workaround.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines