Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse cc 2018 crashes on startup

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My muse cc 2018 crashes on startup. I work on a windows 10 and both muse and indows are up to date.

I didn't have this problem with the 2017 version.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,

Luigino

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

The next thing I can suggest is to try creating a new user account in your windows and reinstall muse in that account.

This is to eliminate any chances of file permission issues.

If it still crashed it will be suggested to contact our live support to get required help. - Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luigino,

As you say Muse crashes at startup, can you please help us with few questions for digging into the issue?

• When did it start crashing, do you remember any last action performed which has triggered the crash?
  • Do you get an error message when it crashes?
  • Are you logged in as Administrator int your system?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ankush,

Last action I did was update it.

The only message i get is that Muse has stopped working.

Yes I am logged in as administrator.

I don't have this problem with the other adobe applications.

Thanks,

Luigino

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It might also happen because of preferences.

Please try the following steps see if any of them works.

Solution 1: Reset Preferences

• Make sure Adobe Muse is not open.

For Windows:

• Go to the following path in Windows Explorer. C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming
  • (Replace <user_name> with your username)
  • Look for a folder named as "com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.VERSION" and rename it to "com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.VERSION_old"

For MAC:

• Go to Following location ~/Library/Preferences
  • Rename the following folder by adding "_old" at the end of them
  • com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.VERSION and AdobeMuse

Now try to launch Muse and check if it works

Solutions 2: Uninstall and Reinstall

Uninstall Muse from Creative Cloud application

During the process please click "Yes Remove Preferences"

Once Muse is uninstalled and reinstall it and try to launch.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Still no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next thing I can suggest is to try creating a new user account in your windows and reinstall muse in that account.

This is to eliminate any chances of file permission issues.

If it still crashed it will be suggested to contact our live support to get required help. - Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem. I intend to stop using MUse now, but I need to get the files in to another editor such as Dreamweaver. How do I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all: export as html, I must admit that I only know about pinegrow to be able to import html exactly like it looks in muse/from muse so you might need to experiemtn if Dw can simply import your html, I am afraid.

But export as/to html is anyway the only way how to keep on working with any other app as only muse was able to work with muse-files. But html is kind of readable by any app, working with html.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Dreamweaver.  Go to Site > New Site and create a site folder on your primary hard drive.  i.e. C:\MySite\

Click on Servers Tab and enter your server's log-in credentials and Root Directory.  If unsure, ask your hosting provider what settings you should use.  Hit the TEST button to confirm connection.   See screenshot.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Go to Files Panel (F8) and hit the Down Arrow to GET all HTML files and folders from your server.

image.png

Now you can edit your files in Dreamweaver.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

La respuesta de ankushr40215001 del 18 de enero de 2018 es muy simple y funciona muy bien!

Solución 1: Restablecer preferencias

• Asegúrese de que Adobe Muse no esté abierto.

Para windows:

• Vaya a la siguiente ruta en el Explorador de Windows. C:\Usuarios\ <nombre_usuario> \AppData\Roaming
  • (<nombre_usuario> = su nombre de usuario)
    Busque una carpeta llamada "com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC. XXXXX" y cámbiele el nombre por "com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.XXXXX_old"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Del mismo autor Otra solucion con resultados:
"Lo siguiente que puedo sugerir es:
crear una nueva cuenta de usuario en Windows y reinstalar muse en esa cuenta (abrir la app de Adobe Cloud en la nueva cuenta y ahi abrir MUSE).

Esto es para eliminar cualquier posibilidad de problemas de permisos de archivos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Muse 2018 started crashing when I tried to Export a File to HTML. This happened after I made slight changes to text and links. I tried to use an older file with pre-changes and it still crashes at 28%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the fix! Adobe Muse would crash after launch. Checked MS Event Viewer & found PlugPlugOwl.dll was the “faulting module.” Adobe forums suggested to copy & paste the .dll from another Adobe app and paste into the Muse program folder. I did that, it didn’t fix the problem. So I Googled "PlugPlugOwl.dll" and downloaded the most recent version 9.4.0.117. Pasted it into C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018 and Muse launched successfully! I spent SOOOO much time trying to fix this problem, so happy I found the fix that didn't fail! Download the dll from https://www.dll-files.com/plugplugowl.dll.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ça marche pas du tout sur ma machine en plus le lien que vous proposez demande les numéros de carte bancaire c'est juste limite pas cool...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@guyd40156948,

Do you have a paid subscription to the Creative Cloud ALL APPS plan?

Without a paid subscription to Creative Cloud, you can't use Muse.

That's assuming you have a compatible computer that can run legacy software.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oui je possède l'abonnement Creative Cloud ALL APPS, et j'aimerais trouvé une solution pour Adobe Muse concernant ce problème de police, mais apparemment il n'y en pas. J'ai essayé d'importer des polices dans Adobe Fonts mais je ne comprends pas le fonctionnement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines