Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse CC - Accordion menus, break points and mobile view

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm a new muse user having previous experience using other Adobe products and looking and exploring web design. I've made a website for my brother in law and initially created a mobile version alongside the desktop but just could not get it to function properly so I looked into breakpoints on youtube and have learned a lot more but it's still not functioning properly on phones.

You'll be able to see the accordion menu doesn't work on the "services" page but does on others... On the /consultation (will have to type into url bar) page it is there but overlaps rather than pushing things down.. It appears to be acting differently on each page!

On my phone (HTC One) the page isn't central to the screen and there is room to scroll sideways, only a little, but it makes it look off centre and unprofessional..

If you could have a look and offer any advice it would be much appreciated! I'm really struggling to work out how to fix it even with all of the forums and youtube videos! www.fasterfitterleanerstronger.com thank you so much in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

You have nothing else in this layer on all pages?

Sorry, didn`t want to offend you but,…

… I recommend to first take care that nothing is outside the canvas at any time. You could check this by using the scrubberBildschirmfoto 2017-10-26 um 23.18.05.png

Start with your master, which seems to be working quite well. As mentioned above, nothing alas in this layer on all pages, especially on the page where you have the issue.

I am quite sure, that there´s something else in this layer on another page.

When nothing "bleeds" outside the canvas, th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How was the menu created?

Was it created on a separate layer?  (Top layer would be the best place to assign a menu).

Was it created on a Master page?

It seems the menu is ranked below your text. (see image below)

It seems you have two forms on your site. (see image below)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Menu is on master page and is top level.. I've tried everything.. it's strange because it works on some pages but not others!

Thanks about form, will remove!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the menu is ranked below the content on image below.

Check to make sure that all content is below the header line.

Try setting the Accordion widget to overlap instead of pushing down as a test to see if the ranking issue still arises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've followed your advice and still no joy! Any other recommendations?

Really appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well your mobile is a mess anyway, so the menu is the least issue:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-26 um 22.46.30.png

It is very important to have the menu on your master in one, the top layer, as you already have set it up, but nothing else should be in this layer on no pages. This, because layers work site wise and not only page wise.

Hope this helps,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

As I said.. I'm learning. And as in previous comments, I already have the menu in it's own layer on the master. You're comment isn't very helpful or encouraging for a beginner!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have nothing else in this layer on all pages?

Sorry, didn`t want to offend you but,…

… I recommend to first take care that nothing is outside the canvas at any time. You could check this by using the scrubberBildschirmfoto 2017-10-26 um 23.18.05.png

Start with your master, which seems to be working quite well. As mentioned above, nothing alas in this layer on all pages, especially on the page where you have the issue.

I am quite sure, that there´s something else in this layer on another page.

When nothing "bleeds" outside the canvas, the issue with this:

On my phone (HTC One) the page isn't central to the screen and there is room to scroll sideways, only a little, but it makes it look off centre and unprofessional..

should be solved as well.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

Double checked and made sure menu is definitely on top layer.. text is coming down on top of everything now but still not pushing the page down on /services page but is on home and others. Any idea why it just seems to be this page?

Thanks,

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must admit, no .

Could you provide a .muse with only this page on which this seems not to be working as expected?

You could follow these suggestions:

Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Maybe, when you strip down your file you find a solution as well, but if not, it will be a pleasure for me to have a closer look.

If you cannot strip it down, because we need all those pages to see, so leave it as it is.

Give me/us some time to check (I have to pick up a cat from the animal shelter for my daughter and I cannot plan my schedule exactly)

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be best to create a duplicate of the site with just the master, home page and services page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems you found the issue... was it the video placement. I was going to suggest that but a few of your pages worked with it,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

amyw57531939  schrieb

Would it be best to create a duplicate of the site with just the master, home page and services page?

That sounds like a good plan.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines