Exit

Muse check script? Host website externally

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

pardon my not perfect english.

I've created a website in Muse and want to host it in Oracle Eloqua. In order to do that, I exported the website as a local HTML.

Eloqua is a really picky how it handles HTML Sites, though. It doesn't store the files in one single place like so:Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-13 um 10.54.48.png

Like you would have when uploading to a FTP Server.

Instead, you have once place where the HTML file is located. Another place where the images sit, again a different place where the scripts and css are located.

So all connections are lost and has to be set manually.

I had to edit the HTML file: find the original directories (e.g. images/image-01.jpg) and change it to (src="directory-in-eloqua/image-01.jpg).

The same for all other files like css and scripts.

It works perfectly for css, images and scripts. Great!

However, Muse is automatically creating a "check script" that checks if all javascripts are there and up to date.

See below code:

<script type="text/javascript">

// Update the 'nojs'/'js' class on the html node

document.documentElement.className = document.documentElement.className.replace(/\bnojs\b/g, 'js');

// Check that all required assets are uploaded and up-to-date

if(typeof Muse == "undefined") window.Muse = {}; window.Muse.assets = {"required":["museutils.js", "museconfig.js", "jquery.musemenu.js", "jquery.watch.js", "webpro.js", "musewpslideshow.js", "jquery.museoverlay.js", "touchswipe.js", "jquery.musepolyfill.bgsize.js", "jquery.museresponsive.js", "require.js", "index.css"], "outOfDate":[]};

</script>

I think the scripts is not finding the scripts anymore and creates an error.

How can I adjust the HTML code that the external (hosted in Eloqua) are loaded instead of trying to load the local files.

I really hope that you can help me!

If anything is unclear, please let me know.

Best regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Wow! Muse exports everything into a folder you choose. You should take everything inside this folder, not the folder as a whole, only the content of the folder and this has to be put into your root directory. This is sometimes a folder called htaccess or something what so ever Eloqua calls it.

There´ s no way to change the order of this exported html. Because the "index.html" needs this order. If you change the order, there´s no way to show the site.

Eloqua picky or not picky, they couldn´t change

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess, it is much easier, if you put in the necessary credentials when "File-Upload to FTP" the dialogue box appears, fill in domain, user, password and muse uploads quite automatically.

This will also give you the opportunity to do edits in "inbrowserediting.com".

Hope this helps

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

unfortunately, we do not have a ftp access to Eloqua 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that situation, I really don't know if there is much that can be done. Did you try asking your admin or the folks at Eloqua for support?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! Muse exports everything into a folder you choose. You should take everything inside this folder, not the folder as a whole, only the content of the folder and this has to be put into your root directory. This is sometimes a folder called htaccess or something what so ever Eloqua calls it.

There´ s no way to change the order of this exported html. Because the "index.html" needs this order. If you change the order, there´s no way to show the site.

Eloqua picky or not picky, they couldn´t change the rules – we didn´t set the rules .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines