• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse - Client Login and Register, CMS & Restricted Access/Access Management

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am building my first site with Muse. I am wondering if it is possible through Muse or Muse Widgets to build a site that has a Login/Register page that allowed access to clients.

I run a consultancy that delivers individual/bespoke reports to Clients. Could I place these reports in a web-friendly format on individual webpages on the Muse site but limit the access to each page through a login/login details? I would like to maintain the privacy of my clients by not showing other clients the work/who I am working with.

I hope I have been clear enough with my description. Any help would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

This is actually not possible in Muse, because it would need a complete database/PHP background, which Muse hasn’t for now – and, as I assume, will not have in the next couple of years. Don’t think, most of the Muse users will be capable to install and setup such a backend fundament on their hosting server. If they were, I think, they would use Dreamweaver …

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually not possible in Muse, because it would need a complete database/PHP background, which Muse hasn’t for now – and, as I assume, will not have in the next couple of years. Don’t think, most of the Muse users will be capable to install and setup such a backend fundament on their hosting server. If they were, I think, they would use Dreamweaver …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply. That's a really helpful answer.

Would you suggest building a visual website in Muse and exporting the HTML into Dreamweaver and then working on a database/PHP/SQL solution there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don‘t know exactly, because — as. Any Muse users — I am a (print) designer and never worked in Dreamweaver.

PerhapsUssnorway or Pavel%20Homeriki will chime in here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

samb98170638  wrote

Would you suggest building a visual website in Muse and exporting the HTML into Dreamweaver and then working on a database/PHP/SQL solution there?

I would have a good look around before I try putting a Muse site into Dreamweaver... it can be done but you need a solid know how about Dreamweaver | code

Have a look at this site; Login | Dynalink

this is Muse + Publiz cms... the up side is that Publiz is made from the ground up to link into Muse

the down side is you pay a small fee to use their cms servers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could check this out...

https://www.muse-themes.com/pages/cms-widgets-connect

You may be able to import your reports then give clients access. Watch the video to see if it might work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines