• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse Compatibility with Mac OS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know if Muse will still work ok when Mac Catalina is released?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don‘t think, you‘ll get an „official“ answer. Normally Adobe only comments compatibility questions, when the new system is available.

Do you have the Catalina beta installed? If yes: Does Muse run under this environment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the beta. But interestingly, Adobe put out an update for Muse CC. I installed that and it seems to be running fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I woulsn't risk it.  Even if Muse is 64-bit, Adobe uses 32-bit helper apps (installers, un-installers, widgets, etc...) that Catalina will certainly kill.   

https://appletoolbox.com/psa-macos-catalina-will-kill-your-32-bit-apps-heres-what-you-should-know/

And now that Muse is EOL,  there's a snowball's chance in hell that Muse will be updated for Catalina.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, you have no idea about it at all. Muse need no „helper app“, Muse is 64 bit since years, MacOs is 64 bit since a decade and more. So your link is completely irrelevant. Besides that, I strongly assume, that you even are no Mac user at all – just as you are no Muse user. The only risc is a incompatibility introduced by Catilina.

Can’t understand, why you don’t stop commenting, if you have no detailed knowledge. But, on the other hand, this is no new situation …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello my name is Norman, I googled some information about receptor and picked up on this thread. I was not part of the original Conversation. I have a brand-new receptor in the box I've had for several years now. My original concepts was to use it as a DSP equivalent for sound libraries mainly native instruments and use it as a plug-in in my DAW. I was under the impression that 64-bit programs we're not going to be compatible with receptor. If you haven't figured out by now I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I sure would appreciate any insight or information you may have about receptor interns of compatibility issues or how to incorporate it with my DAW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Norman,

You've posted to a product forum about a dead offline web page builder called Adobe Muse in a thread that's almost a year old.  I think it's fair to say you've landed in the wrong place.   Please tell us which Adobe product you're using so a moderator can move your question to a more appropriate forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is already a long thread in the Getting Started board about Catalina.  And a beta OS should never be used on a production machine.  Beta versions are for testing purposes only.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Adobe-CC-apps-and-MacOS-Catalina-What-s-broken-What-s-not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to know if Muse will work in Catalina. I haven't seen and answer yet. I did the latest Muse update and all is fine but I'm hesitant to do Catalina. I still have a handful of sites I haven't moved out of Muse yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know that it worked with Mohave, exactly how do you use it? I know this is unbelievable, but I actually have a brand-new one that I've never use because I was under the impression didn't no longer is compatible with any 64-bit software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If by "it" you mean Adobe Muse, please see the system requirements below.  Ensure your computer meets or exceeds the min-requirements to run Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use. Check each one. Keep in mind that Catalina alone requires 4 GB of RAM and 12.5 GB of HD storage.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/system-requirements.html

To use Muse 2018.1 (the last version Adobe released before discontinuing Muse), you need a paid ALL APPS plan to Creative Cloud.  And you have to select Show Older Versions from your CC Desktop app's Preferences. See screenshot.

Creative Cloud Desktop AppCreative Cloud Desktop App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina is officially out now.  But as other product users are learning the hard way, just because an app is 64-bit doesn't mean it's entirely compatible with the latest Apple OS.   Particularly if you rely on older 3rd party add-ons/plugins/extensions or widgets.

• Don't upgrade to Catalina until you need to.
  • When in doubt, test first on a 2nd machine.
  • Keep your old OS on hand just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines