Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse contact form issue, PHP error, not getting emails

Participant ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I just inherited a site built with Muse, but I only have the exported HTML and scripts, not the original site file. So I'm using Dreamweaver to make coding changes.

The site was recently migrated to a new hosting company with new email servers. As a result, the contact form on the site no longer works. After entering contact info and clicking SUBMIT, nothing happens and "the server encountered an error" appears on the page.

The page is at LCI

There were three PHP  scripts in the files directory: form_throttle, form_check, and form_u3862 which seems to be the one that controls the contact form. I created a new email account just for the contact form to use as a 'from' address, but other than the $headers line I don't see where to input that address and the SLL info that the hosting provider says we need in there.

Also, when I run the scripts test (http://lightscamera.com/scripts/form_check.php) it returns the error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function formthrottle_check() in /home/conce114/public_html/lightscamera.com/scripts/form_check.php on line 75
That line in the form is $throttleSupport = formthrottle_check();

FWIW I know this issue with the email forms has come up a lot in these forums; I have read this page Troubleshooting Muse Form Widgets Used on Third-Party Servers but nothing on there helps me. Hoping someone else has dealt with configuring the PHP form properly for a 3rd-party email host and can give me some advice on this.

Thanks!

JVK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a Muse site without the .muse file is just rubbish code and I'd remake the site (in Dreamweaver if that is your code editor of choice) in stead of trying to fix the old email code... with the images and other content it should be faster

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that, and I may just have to rip out all the PHP widgets and start over. But can anyone tell me how they WOULD have modified the code on that form to incorporate a new 'from' email? From what I know the site was working fine before they switched servers, so it's not like it was a mess just because the .muse file was not there. Heck I even played around with a new contact form in Muse and couldn't even see where to change it in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats the thing, the email (and background code) have to match the server, if you just changed the email address to another in the same set i.e, old hotmail.com to new hotmail.com then that would work but change the host server = needs to be redone because (as an example) new host needs .gmail.com or is Austrailan in stead of US and needs hotmail.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Totally get the host server needs to be changed. But WHERE can I input that? Is that only in the Muse interface? I've tried scouring the code in the PHP files and the only reference to email is in the '$to' line. I don't even see where the FROM is listed except in the header, and there is no SMTP information at all. I suppose I could add it, I just don't know if new code will work in this PHP script or not since it was apparently generated as a Muse widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines