Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse contact form not sending to new Microsoft 365 email address

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide on this issue.

I have a simple Muse website I created for a client a little while back and I included the standard Muse contact form. The email address it was directed to was the [username]@[domainname] and that email address was hosted by the webhost. 

All has worked fine, however the client's IT person (didn't know they had one when they engaged me) recommended they shift their email accounts over to Microsoft 365. So now the [username]@[domainname] address is no longer hosted by the webhost, but externally – managed by Microsoft 365. Probably a good move for a number of reasons.

The problem now is the Muse contact form doesn't work. I've tested to see if the form will send to an address outside of the host's domain platform by editing the sending address to my personal email address and it works fine. However I also have my own domain name email address that is managed by Microsoft 365 and when updating the form to that email address, the form no longer works. So it seems the issue is not specifically the form, but getting it to send successfully to the new 365 hosted address.

Any assistance in getting this form to work will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Andrew

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Use a 3rd party form service like Wufoo.com or Jotform and embed their form into your Muse page. 

If mail sent from your server is being blocked by MS, there's very little you can do except send mail from another server that's not blocked.

Given that Muse is discontinued and nobody is around to fix things anymore, it would be best to migrate to another web solution ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a 3rd party form service like Wufoo.com or Jotform and embed their form into your Muse page. 

If mail sent from your server is being blocked by MS, there's very little you can do except send mail from another server that's not blocked.

Given that Muse is discontinued and nobody is around to fix things anymore, it would be best to migrate to another web solution ASAP.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Nancy, I replaced the native Muse form with a free Jotform level form and the customer just reported that it now works. Greatly appreciated.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines