Highlighted

Muse contact form not working

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form widget in my website which doesn't function properly.
I first get the error that some hosting sites won't allow forms to send emails to addresses not associated with their server.  I checked with GoDaddy, they said that they switched settings remotely for it to work - so I don't think that's the problem.

I checked the form_check.php and it reads an SQL Configuration problem. But another forum said that SQL just won't be used - so I don't think that's the problem.
I'm using Muse CC 2014. One forum dated in 2015 said that older versions of Muse don't allow email forms unless hosted by BC, but that recent versions no longer have that problem - so I don't think that's the problem.

In the browser the form doesn't even allow you to import name or email - is that a clue for what exactly isn't working?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Muse contact form not working

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form widget in my website which doesn't function properly.
I first get the error that some hosting sites won't allow forms to send emails to addresses not associated with their server.  I checked with GoDaddy, they said that they switched settings remotely for it to work - so I don't think that's the problem.

I checked the form_check.php and it reads an SQL Configuration problem. But another forum said that SQL just won't be used - so I don't think that's the problem.
I'm using Muse CC 2014. One forum dated in 2015 said that older versions of Muse don't allow email forms unless hosted by BC, but that recent versions no longer have that problem - so I don't think that's the problem.

In the browser the form doesn't even allow you to import name or email - is that a clue for what exactly isn't working?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 19, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

able_k  wrote

I'm using Muse CC 2014.

Why... is upgrading to Muse 2017 an option?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 0
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey able_k,

We can check in details once receiving your site link.

Also, have a look at this doc which might give some more info on Servers .

Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 0