Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse Contact Form(s) Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...

I've been on the phone all day with my hosting provider (GoDaddy) with zero resolution to the problems I'm having with ALL contact forms. This means the one Muse comes with and third-party muse widgets as well. None are working.

Here's a site that is experiencing this issue.
http://losangelesfilmhouse.com/contact

From the contact page itself, it behaves as though the email has been sent. However, mail never arrives.

Here's some stuff that shows what's actually happening on the hosting side. What can be done or adjusted or what this exactly means (other than it's kicking it back) is beyond my grip right now:

20180124 15:29:17.661 core sid="eTXheDT8yf6lP" id="eTXheDT8yf6lPeTXheQEnY" ip="132.148.104.133" action="DROP" reason="BAD-ACCT" account="6621566" mwp2="n/a" mailfrom="maryjosmith@p3nlhg2082.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net" fromdomain="p3nlhg2082.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net" recipient_list="info@losangelesfilmhouse.com" todomain="losangelesfilmhouse.com" subject="Ignore me"

action="DROP" reason="BAD-ACCT" account="6621566" mwp2="n/a" mailfrom="maryjosmith@p3nlhg2081.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net" fromdomain="p3nlhg2081.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net" recipient_list="info@losangelesfilmhouse.com" todomain="losangelesfilmhouse.com" subject="LAFILMHOUSE.COM - Contact Form Submission" script="form_process.php"

I've tried using email addresses from the same hosting/domain name as well as emails that have nothing to do with my hosting and/or domain services. I've tried setting forwards in my webmail email (same as hosted domain name) and nothing. Lots and lots of variations have been tried with more and more nothing.

I see that many people have run into this trouble and I've read through all of the material trying to find the fix with no luck.

Has anyone found a surefire solution? Cause this sucks and I have a thousand other things on my plate today, but this simple matter is eating up my entire work day.

Bueller? Bueller?

Please help.

Chick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Please post your suggestions using this link Adobe Muse CC: Feature Ideas to make your request known to the product team.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chick,

id you try the solution mentioned in this doc - Troubleshooting Muse Form Widgets Used on Third-Party Servers? It is exclusively made for GoDaddy emails not working!

Make sure you have performed point (b) of #2 in the doc as that looks like the cause behind your issue.ard

Regards,

Ankuksh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankuksh,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried that. I also just upgraded my hosting plan hoping that would solve the issue and so far that hasn't worked either. This is so frustrating. Something that should be so simple.

What I will investigate in the am is whether there is a specific issue encountered with Workspace emails and Muse. I will also call GoDaddy again for the 100th time.

If you've got any other ideas, I'd gladly hear them. Thanks again!

Chick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most common issue that we have seen is with PHP scripts at the hosting provider's end. You can check with Go Daddy when you contact them. Apologize for your frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Muse needs is a contact for that isn't PHP. The form won't let me send the contact info to an email with the same domain name. All my emails go into span and there isn't a way to stop it from doing that. Plus a lot of hosting companies don't support PHP email forms. Only stmp.

Many, many hours of frustration on my part too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your feedback. Please post your suggestions using this link Adobe Muse CC: Feature Ideas to make your request known to the product team.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines