• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse Contact Form - Sender address

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a simple sender form hosted on my ISP server.  When an message is sent to me the sender is identified as "ME", i.e., the sender is the same as the recipient email address.  This is odd to say the least.  I would like to be able to be able to simply "reply" to the person who sent the contact form message, as well as other benefits to my workflow.

What I have been searching for is a way to change the HTML code to have the sender identified as the email address in the contact form.

Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Tested the contact form on the business catalyst site.  Same old same old. 

I will stick with my 3rd party solution, the contact form replay is as I (and many others) would expect.

k

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, are you following the process for the widget as described in this article? Add contact forms and style form widgets in Adobe Muse.

You can also have a look at some other form widgets here. https://musewidgets.com/search?q=form

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran

I certainly believe that I am following the process as described.  Give it a try, make a very simple email form.  The reply will not be from the email address in the form, rather it will be from the send to address in the form wizard.   There are a few other mentions of this in the community forum. 

I tried searching through the html and pnp code to see if I could find the address reference and perhaps change it... with no luck.

Many thanks for getting back to me, hope you can steer me in the right direction.

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try publishing it to Business Catalyst and see if it works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a Catalyst account to test with, but I am convinced by my experience and other comments/questions on this forum that this is the way Muse contact forms work.

That said, I have found a 3rd party form maker program that works properly with Muse.  I can import the code generated in that program into my Muse webpage.  I did try to write about this solution, but it did not appear to get past a moderator.

Regards

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can publish up to 100 free sites to BC as a provisional website. This will not get crawled or even known by anyone except you and the people you tell. The address will be something like http://yourname.businesscatalyst.com

It´s free, can get deleted after you don`t need anymore.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, This will give me an opportunity to test the contact form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tested the contact form on the business catalyst site.  Same old same old. 

I will stick with my 3rd party solution, the contact form replay is as I (and many others) would expect.

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines