• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse crashes upon opening

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to open my site to make changes, but I am getting "Adobe Muse CC has encountered an error and will now exit. Please report the last few actions you took leading up to this error to the Adobe Muse team.  Trying to set a very large pageitem width?

Bu the only action I took was trying to open the document.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Hey Patrick,

Finally, I was able to detect the and eliminate the glitch from your crashing Muse file.

The download link for said Muse file is shared with you in a private message.

The reason for crash was a corrupted composition widget placed outside the "media page"

Screenshot_1.png

I first turned off the "thumbnails view" option from the plan view which stopped the crash while loading.

Later on testing each page I found it crashed as soon as I tried to navigate between the breakpoints of "media" page.

After de-magni

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

Can you try the solution in this forum post and let us know if it helped?

Muse preferences corruption

As a slightly extreme measure, try uninstalling your software making sure to uninstall preferences while you do so. Reinstall Adobe Muse.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I already tried uninstalling Muse and then reinstalling it. That didn't fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello patricko37014726,

From your issue description, I guess you get the error "Adobe Muse CC has encountered an error and will now exit. Please report the last few actions you took leading up to this error to the Adobe Muse team.  Trying to set a very large pageitem width" as soon as you open the file? or is it while you are performing any action?

Do you remember the last action performed before encountering this issue?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens while the file is opening. Normally, as a file is opening, you can at first see the layout of the website, and then the contents of each page begin to show on the layout. I am getting the error message each time while the file is opening and I am beginning to see the contents. (But I first get a message about many images on the site are being resampled, and should be resized via the assets panel. fot that message I just click OK, and the the file continues to open and then crashes after a few seconds.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have a look at your .muse file.

Please share it with me in a private message via any file sharing application you prefer like Dropbox.

To do a private message please hover the mouse on my user id and click "message".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Patrick,

Finally, I was able to detect the and eliminate the glitch from your crashing Muse file.

The download link for said Muse file is shared with you in a private message.

The reason for crash was a corrupted composition widget placed outside the "media page"

Screenshot_1.png

I first turned off the "thumbnails view" option from the plan view which stopped the crash while loading.

Later on testing each page I found it crashed as soon as I tried to navigate between the breakpoints of "media" page.

After de-magnifying the page I found this composition laying outside the page and upon deleting it everything went back normally.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ankush, thank you very much! Your trick helped me safe my document. It happened when copying and pasting a text box which had a picture inline in it with text floating around it. During pasting MUSE automatically pasted the object into my mobile view and changed the width of my inline picture to a ridiculous width that made the program crash. I hope this can be fixed in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines