Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse crashes when trying to upload my website with Self Hosted videos

New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've been trying all week to update my website with some self hosted videos by using some free 3rd party widgets. (I don't want to embed from YouTube as there's copyright issues that stop them being viewed in some countries). I'm more than happy to pay for a widget but want to make sure that my problem isn't with filesize or anything like that before I do so.

The upload usually crashes on 97%, and there are 5 videos that i'm struggling to upload, ranging from 400mb-1.1gb. On another page of my website I have some smaller clips that are all under 100mb that upload fine so I'm thinking it's to do with the file size?

I've been searching the forums while i've been having this issue but can't seem to find the info I need to fix this or find what the issue is, so I apologise if this has already been answered before.

Any help would be appreciated!

Christian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hey Christian,

There can be some restrictions  or connection problems between your host and Muse.

We can test by exporting the site locally (HTML) and see if that works.

If it works out then I would suggest you using any third party client like Filezilla to upload your site.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Christian,

There can be some restrictions  or connection problems between your host and Muse.

We can test by exporting the site locally (HTML) and see if that works.

If it works out then I would suggest you using any third party client like Filezilla to upload your site.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ankush!

It took a while but I managed to get everything online with your method. I guess it was down to my internet connection.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines