• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse creating duplicate .png files of the same image file?

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a website created in Muse but I am having problems with 1 image png file which features on a map so is repeated several times on a page. This same map/image also features on a further 13 pages within the website. Each image uses the same file and name i.e developmentspopbox.png.

In the assets and layers folder within Muse it refers to the file 'developmentspopbox.png' which is correct but when you download the assets via HTML or edit the site in Muse in-browser it is adding a number to the file name i.e developmentspopbox-u339627.png so is therefore creating 100s/1000s of individual files rather than using/referring to the original file called developmentspopbox.png.

I am wondering if it is do with the way it has been built or if this is a do with the way Muse works? The image file is currently formed using a composition widget and is grouped by each pop-up window. It is contained within an image box. I am currently using Muse CC 2018.

Any help is appreciated as I am sure this will be slowing the website down.

TOPICS
Bugs , Error , Product issue , Responsive design , Widget

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is expected behaviour.

Muse optimizes images breakpointwise and according to the size, in which they are placed. That means: A smaller breakpoint (smartphone) will load a different (recalculated) version of the image, a wider breakpoint (desktop) will load a heavier (perhaps the original) version of your image.

The same happens, if you use different instances of one images in different sizes.

This reduces loading time of your site on the respective devices drastically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for response. So far this doesn't seem to be happening with any other repeated images on the same page/s. I am finding it odd as the numbers don't seem to tally with what you are suggesting. This developmentspopbox.png currently appears 22 image on a page for example and is repeated across a further 13 pages. It has been build it in sizes 1566, 1366, 1200 and 400/800.  However I seem to have over 1300 versions of the same image all with different numbers on the end. Is this is what you would expect? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately there is no further response possible without an example .muse file. I am very sure that you are dealing with the "problem" I described.

Could you please reduce your site to a single page (to minimize analytic efforts) upload it to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here. Then I will have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines