Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse does not load when launched

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I bought a new computer and installed creative cloud. I have the full subscription.

Launched Muse but I got an error message saying that since I already have two other Muse installations (on my older PC and on my laptop), I can not use Muse here.

That looked weird, since usually you just disconnect from the other computer and can use all other apps, but wanting to comply, I started the older computer, started Creative Cloud there, and from Creative Cloud, I physically uninstalled Muse on the older computer.

Then went back to my new PC, started Muse, but nothing changed: it starts loading, but it shuts itself off before completing.

What should I do please? I need to use Muse on my new PC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did  you physically deinstall like this?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-05 um 19.09.07.png

Maybe you'll give it a try with canceling CC and restart or maybe even better, deinstall CC - you will get asked wether to "repair" or "deinstall" - click "repair". Let us know, if that helped.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Muse in the old computer.

Muse fails to load in the new computer.

I tried "repairing" CC in the new computer: no change. Muse always aborts while loading.

There is one thing strange in my account. My old desktop PC is not listed in the activated devices, although all apps (except for Muse now) are installed there and have been used until a few days ago. Instead, my new PC is present with two instances, one of them is labeled "on Windows" and the other is labeled "on Windows 64". I can't figure out why (my new PC is 64 bit). Deactivating any of the two will always result in CC inactive. So apparently they both need to be there - but why? Is that a bug in Adboe CC software?
As of now, two instances of my new PC plus my laptop appeared as activated, no visible trace of the old PC (which should still be activated). I then tried to deactivate the laptop, but alas, Muse keeps aborting during load.
So I am stuck in a corner now. It's really upsetting, I'm starting to hate Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log-in to your Creative Cloud account portal online and disable the 3rd device.

https://account.adobe.com/plans/

Click on Manage Plans > Scroll down to Activated Devices.

Ensure that you are launching the latest Muse CC and not a previous installation. 

Right click on the CC desktop app icon and select Run as Admin.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your suggestion: it doesn't work 😥

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have Creative Cloud activated on 2 devices only. 

Deactivate one device from your account portal.

Unistall CC and all CC apps with the Adobe Cleaner Tool.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am starting to figure out things, at least, I figured out the double activation.

I deactivated all devices and started anew. 

The first activation of CC happens when i try to launch a program such as Photoshop. The PC is activated and listed correctly as "Windows 64".

Then, I launched Muse, but after I launched, it says that the computer requires activation (even if it's already activated) in order to run Muse. So I activate it, and that is where the device is installed for a second (double) time, and this time, as "Windows" only (no 64).

But still, Muse aborts during load up.

So, no progress, Muse still not launching. But at least I figured out why a second device activation. And it seems that Muse activates it as a 32 bit device (although it's not written explicitely).

Here I stop... if someone else can figure this out further, please help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open CC desktop app.

Right click the Muse Launch button and select run as admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines