Highlighted

Muse doesn't upload index file

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Somehow all of a sudden, Muse doesn't upload any index file for my designed website anymore. Anyone familiar with this issue? Is it a setting I missed? 

It worked alway so far, just suddenly occured yesterday.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Muse doesn't upload index file

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Somehow all of a sudden, Muse doesn't upload any index file for my designed website anymore. Anyone familiar with this issue? Is it a setting I missed? 

It worked alway so far, just suddenly occured yesterday.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you refresh your browser?

What is the URL?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refreshed browser, emptied cache, even tried extending html file, not index file to be found...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2020 0
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide a link? To your URL? Like Nancy asked for?

THX

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I can't, but may I ask what you need it for that I might check myself?

And how is it connected to muse not extending an index file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2020 0
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With no link nobody could see, if there´s an issue with your browser which I assume very much.

In all my experience there has never been a case, when there´s no index file. Did you try to export as html to a designated folder and inspect, if there´s really no index file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the case, even called hosting, they can't see the index file either (which was to be expected as I can see the same in file manager) and tested with other devices and computers. 

What I tried so far:

- controlling file manager (Public_html) in hosting and looking for every file, no index file to be found, except of the file with the phone version in it but this is not for desktop

- erase everything on public_html file in file manager and reupload through ftp server

- restarting everything (muse, host) and try again

- waiting for the next day as some things renew after an hour or some hours

- extended html in 3 different days, always no index file extended.

Somehow I have the feeling, that this could also be the termination of muse services... unless I really missed a setting in muse itself or did something for muse to avoid extending that file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2020 0
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the name of your file very carefully.  Also check the file extension (.html, .htm, .php, etc...) 

Most servers are cAsE sEnSiTiVe.  INDEX.html is not the same as index or Index.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the case, there's absolutely no index file in the file manager nor in the extended html file

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2020 0
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask, why you simply not use "Publish" to server with Muse? Windows would be the only excuse - let me add that using desktop and phone version also is not recommended anymore. Try to use fixed width breakpoints and the conversion from adaptive to responsive should be pretty easy. Kind Regards, Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, as you can see in my text above. I simply tried around, as this wasn't working.

So you think this might be the reason, that it doesn't work with desktop and phone version?

I just used it because with breakpoints, content showed really small, as if the smallest breakpoint isn't working and instead everything is showed with the largest breakpoint (desktop view on phone)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still weird though, that it worked for a few times and suddenly didn't

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2020 0