• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse email rejected as spam

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help with a work-around on the email form. My client’s domain is different than the email address Muse sends to using a Muse form. I always get a warning  when exporting to HTML about this. The error below is on Chrome.

The error he gets is below. Please provide a fix.

Original-Recipient:rfc822;<askorski@optonline.net>
Final Recipient:rfc822;<askorski@optonline.net>
Action:failed
Remote-MTA:dns; optonline.net
Diagnostic-Code:smtp;message text rejected by mx.optimum.NET: 554 5.7.1 Spam detected by content scanner. Message rejected.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

The solution is quite simple. You need to create mail on your hosting for your domain and use it. It is necessary to configure the signatures MX, DMARC, DKIM, SPF, optional PTR. Some of them are usually configured automatically. Specify this on your hosting.
Public e-mail services can not be used for the feedback form on the site. Public mail serves for private correspondence. Any letters coming from the sites must have a confirmation of the user to receive them. But this can not be done in the

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After doing some research for your query I have found that this is a known issue with Optimum Online's (optonline.net) email service.

See this thread I found which has a discussion for a similar query, however, not related to Muse form or site - https://www.experts-exchange.com.   

Please try the suggestions above and let us know if the issue gets fixed.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be kind enough to copy/paste here the solution? I read through it all and it’s not clear what the solution is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first option would be going with this;

• "Go to MX Lookup Tool, type in your domain name, click the MX Lookup button and, once it displays your MX IP, click the Blacklist check link.  It will scan and show you the results from 94 blacklisting companies and; hopefully, point you in a direction for a solution. Unless you have complete web exposed and public IP address for the mail server, you have probably been checking a wrong one."

Or else the last available would be;

• " Two appreciated suggestions.  I ended up calling Optimum Online, got a good tech on the phone, confirmed the problem, and the request was escalated to higher level support at Optimum."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not blacklisted on any blacklist.

I changed the form email to a gmail, which now forwards to the Optimum email....and I still see rejections from Optimum....even through the email is now sent from gmail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution is quite simple. You need to create mail on your hosting for your domain and use it. It is necessary to configure the signatures MX, DMARC, DKIM, SPF, optional PTR. Some of them are usually configured automatically. Specify this on your hosting.
Public e-mail services can not be used for the feedback form on the site. Public mail serves for private correspondence. Any letters coming from the sites must have a confirmation of the user to receive them. But this can not be done in the case of a simple feedback form.

The same will happen with Gmail. Gradually, letters will start to be sent to spam, and then they will completely stop coming. Explain to your client that using a public e-mail service for site forms is incorrect and illiterate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines