• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse EOL alternative workflow

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week I made the decision to end my Muse subscription. As I have a number of existing sites created in Muse I had to find a workaround for maintaining them on an ongoing basis and at the same time create new sites using a different application.  My solution has been to use Blocs App for new sites, although not a flexible as Muse, it is so much much quicker to develop the majority of the web designs, and to use Pinegrow for maintaining existing Muse sites. It appears to open Muse sites exported as HTML really well and you can make changes using the Pinegrow visual editor.

Now i have a Muse CC Classroom in in a Book manual surplus to requirements. offers anyone/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for sharing your views and workaround as this has been the longest discussion ever on the Muse forum.

Apart from here I also suggest you to share this valuable information in this thread which might help others as well to overcome the situation - Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Many regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a very good workflow for you.   I'm just curious why you chose Blocs for new projects instead of Pinegrow  which supports Foundation, Bootstrap and/or WordPress frameworks?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nancy,

I think in terms of productivity Blocs is much faster. The brics concept works really well. I also like the low cost/no subscription model (I also use Affinity Photo and Affinity designer for the same reason). The user community with Blocs is also very supportive and the Owner/Developer of Blocs (A gut called Norm) is very hands on and responds to individual issues. Pinegrow looks really versatile, but the user documentation is a little sketchy.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines