Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse Exporting with wrong images [HELP]

Engaged ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is highly annoying.

I had a site done. Client requested a colour change that affected a bunch of background images that are fills in full width rectangles.

I thought this would be easy... overwrite my asset folder locally.. Muse would complain and I would relink.

So yes... muse complained that the images changed. I re-linked them. In Muse everything looks great.

Export the site though... and all the old images are there.

Even deleting the fill image and re-adding it... same thing... old image.

So now I'm not confident that all the other re-links have worked. The colour change was subtle... so hard to tell in some spots.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand what you want to change and if I understand correct, why you didn`t change the fills inside muse like "clicking the element you want to change – change the picture – and so on"?

I guess (nobody can do more than guess), you didn`t do it precise enough?

Maybe also, if you did everything very in perfect order – did you try to delete the site from ftp and upload from scratch the complete site again?

Did you clear your browser cache and reloaded?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isnt server related... this is just local on my machine. When I export the site its exporting everything but the image i was using for the fill is the old one.. not the updated one.. even though in muse I see the new one.. and even though the assets library has no warnings. etc and is showing the new one.  Every export still has the old file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, so to check the same can you please upload it to Business Catalyst as a test site.

And also share your original URL so that I can compare both your sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I can't as the site is showing unreleased product that cannot be shown at this time

I was just looking to see if anyone has encountered this.

The workaround is to rename the file to something else and relink it.   Strangely though if I rename it .. test.. it works.  If I rename back to what it was and relink the file... the old one shows up again in the folder of exported assets.

Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you don`t tell anybody the address of the uploaded to BC file, nobody will ever see it. Mainly it is for users to check if everything works fine. You could also talk/write in private conversation to ankushr40215001​. You can 100% be sure, that he won´t share any secrets.

But there´s no other way how we could help.

You could also use just very different photos, safe it as a different file and upload this .muse to see for yourself if it works. This link could be shared, I guess .

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you try clearing the cache of your browser? or probably any other system?

Also try uploading the site to Business Catalyst as a test and see if you get the same result.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines