• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse file missing

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning.  I am so upset this morning.  I went to open one of the websites I built with Muse and received this error.  "

The file

'C:\Users\Kathleen\OneDrive\Documents\TheProduceWagonWebsiteNewest.muse'appears to be missing.  Do you want to remove it from Open Recent?"

This is the second time this has happened to me and I know, without a doubt I did not delete these files.  I would cancel my adobe subscription if Adobe wouldn't charge me $150.00!!!  This is horrible, it means I have to re create the website from scratch, which I had to do before.  Come on Adobe. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Ramblerkat,

Adding to what Günter Heißenbüttel and fotoroeder said, yes we might be planning to go for integrating Artificial Intelligence (AI) in future, however, as of now there isn't any such feature.

So this eliminates any possibility that your file is missing because of Applications fault.

There can be a possibility that either is deleted unknowingly or has been replaced with an another file.

Try accessing your OneDrive directly on the web - Microsoft OneDrive and see if you can get your fil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect: This is ridiculous!

Muse can’t delete files from your drives! How should it do this? The only thing, what may happen, is that you overwrite your file with an equally named other file during the „Save As …“ process. But in this case you’ll get a warning

Try to find the file „TheProduceWagonWebsiteNewest.muse“ on your drives, or try to remember, it you have renamed your file.

It appears, you are using a cloud drive (Microsoft OneDrive). Look for the file on your machine and on your cloud drive. I bet, your computer has a search command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you forgot to connect to your hard drive? Muse doesn´t delete anything. Not by itself.

It just seems, that you moved your file or renamed it or the hd: One Drive is not connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ramblerkat,

Adding to what Günter Heißenbüttel and fotoroeder said, yes we might be planning to go for integrating Artificial Intelligence (AI) in future, however, as of now there isn't any such feature.

So this eliminates any possibility that your file is missing because of Applications fault.

There can be a possibility that either is deleted unknowingly or has been replaced with an another file.

Try accessing your OneDrive directly on the web - Microsoft OneDrive and see if you can get your file back.

Also, it is advisable to work on any files locally and use cloud only as a backup, sharing and anywhere accessing purpose.

Please update the thread how it goes.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is turning into a real mystery for me because just now, I went to open up another one of my websites and muse is telling me the same thing, all of the files are missing.  I cannot for the life of me figure out what is happening.  Unless, maybe, perhaps, I don't know, when I went to save the site after the last time of uploading via ftp I didn't stop to see where it was being saved to and maybe I saved it to my one drive and now I can't find the files and have no idea how to fix it except I have an old copy on my desk top, but when I go to open it up, Muse quits responding and I have to do a control alt delete to get the task manager up and quit the application.  This is driving me nuts.  I'm about to cancel my subscription and give it all up.  I've been building websites since 2007 and have never had this kind of problem before.  Thanks if anyone knows what's going on.  I tried to chat with Adobe today but their chat is apparently down and I can't find a phone number to call them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Sorry to hear that.

However, can you please clarify is it the .muse file which says missing or the assets within the file?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the muse file. When I went to open Muse, normally it has the icons of the different websites I built.  I click on one and it opens up the website.  When I went to click on my main website to edit it it gave me the message that the files were missing.  This happened to another one of my websites too a couple months ago and actually now that I think of it it happened to a 3rd one I made about 6 months ago.  Just poof, they were gone and I didn't delete anything so I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please click a screen shot of it and attach it here so I can have a look at it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello ankushr.   Well, there is a new twist to this problem.  It's turning into a real puzzle.  This morning I created a new website for the website that disappeared.  Then I go to upload it via ftp.  I get an error message about my file name not pointing to the correct folder with 2 options to either fix or ignore.  So I tried both.  I had to ignore it and it ran though the uploading but when I went to my url the website was "unavailable."   So I contact my hosting provider, who I like very much, and they do whatever they did and "fixed it"....  well, lol, now when I go to my webiste, it is the OLD website, the one that disappeared.  All the files are back.  It seems to me that whatever the hosting tech did made all the files and the original website reappear????  I have no clue, I'm not a tech person but puzzles intrigue me and I'm computer literate enough to know I did not ever delete those files.   Anyway, thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines