• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse: Form to capture email, write to a file, and display running number of submissions onsite

Explorer ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a solution for a petition site...

Muse Objective: Form must capture email, write those emails to a file (one per line), and display running number of submissions onsite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Muse cannot do this.  I seriously doubt there is any  Muse widget for this either.   Bottom line, as soon as you need something outside the Muse box of widgets, you're kind of stuck because you must have access to the entire code --  both client side and server-side which Muse does not provide. 

To give you an example of what's involved, the petition script below uses HTML, JavaScript, CSS + PHP + a MySQL database.  To do this right, you will need a code editor like Dreamweaver.

https://codecanyon.net/item/php-petition-script/21205206

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse cannot do this.  I seriously doubt there is any  Muse widget for this either.   Bottom line, as soon as you need something outside the Muse box of widgets, you're kind of stuck because you must have access to the entire code --  both client side and server-side which Muse does not provide. 

To give you an example of what's involved, the petition script below uses HTML, JavaScript, CSS + PHP + a MySQL database.  To do this right, you will need a code editor like Dreamweaver.

https://codecanyon.net/item/php-petition-script/21205206

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey nyds0806,

Form data is received in an email so can be saved in any format.

If you are referring to anything specific like hosting or a CMS then please let me know.

Alternatively, you can try Google forms which can be created from google sheet and then auto-save data will be done in google sheet.

For your second query I will have to say a polite no as it is something outside the Muse's boundary.

I wasn't even able to find any third party widget for the same.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What method exactly will write the emails to a text file? Id there a code I can insert in the form? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about the code, you can probably take help of open source code communities like Stack overflow to get an answer for this.

Any code expert in this community can also jump in with their insights.

Best,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nyds0806  wrote

What method exactly will write the emails to a text file? Id there a code I can insert in the form? Thank you.

No.  HTML forms don't DO anything.  Orders for data gathering & processing come from the server-side (PHP) script to which the HTML form is attached.   This is an advanced coding project.   If you're not well versed in code, you might need to hire an expert to help you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines