Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse - From PC to iMac

Advocate ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a few days I will be migrating from being a PC user to being a iMac user.*
I know nothing (literally) about using a Mac.

Will my PC version of .muse files work on the Mac - If not, what to do?
I don't even have a clue as to how to get the files from PC to Mac - suggestions/instructions would be nice!

I don't even know how to install Muse (or any application) on a Mac - guess I'll learn

Maybe I'll be able to figure out how to install the Creative Cloud app then let it install the suite items I want. ??

* Life long user of Microsoft, starting way back in the DOS days (before Windows), is tired of the constant updates to Win 10pro

and MS using their OS as a sales tool for all manner of entertainment crap.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

… and don’t forget to sign out of Creative Cloud on your PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing more easy as that. I don`t know PC but on Mac you simply install CC, the icon will appear in the top menu bar.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-13 um 17.19.45.png

In that dropdown you`ll find all you have subscribed at Adobe.

Your muse files are best to be put on an external HD. This HD should be formatted for PC and MAC, although I do not 100% know, if Macs ever have issues with PC formatted HD´s, but to be sure it is better to use a "new" formatted HD.

Another good possibility, use your CC- CREATIVE CLOUD FILES folder, put all your muse stuff in there and pick it down from there

as soon as you have started your Mac. Here, after installing CC you also find this folder.

Then, for backup purposes, you could use a HD that is formatted for MAC only.

That should pretty much all about the Muse stuff, I guess.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… and don’t forget to sign out of Creative Cloud on your PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You bet! Don't want all my Lightroom CC images to continue syncing with the PC - if it's turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that info.

I'm watching a 3+ hour course at Lynda.com (Adobe partner) on basic Mac use. When finished I'll watch one on the High Sierra IOS (that's what comes on the new iMac.

Question remains about .muse (or any other Adobe app produced files) that were produced on the PC, working on the Mac??

Maybe my studies will tell me how to transfer files from PC to Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 ea 1TB externals coming (from Apple) with the iMac. Thanks for the reminder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your PC created files will work on Muse for Mac.

The only (improbable) issue might be, that there are some fonts, which are not installed on your new Mac. So you may want to  transfer these fonts from the PC to the Mac. But this is quite unlikely, because I don’t assume, that you made heavy use of system fonts (because they are converted to an image during output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! And thanks for the font info. I do have a few web fonts installed but I imagine any issue I encounter with using them in Muse on the Mac I'll be able to rectify on the fly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neox99,

You don't have to worry at all, and will be able to continue work same as you were doing in Win.

Muse files are fully compatible and don't need different versions according to the OS.

For transferring the files the best would be Creative Cloud or any cloud storing services like Dropbox or Google Drive.

And here are the install instructions for CC on Mac - Installing Creative Cloud on macOS 10.12 (Sierra).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I contemplated using CC for the Muse transfers. I have a ton of other content that will be needing transfer so I better learn some more direct method.  Once I get the Mac, and get used to it, I'm sure the transfer will fall into place.

I have a 500 GB iTunes library (some purchased which I could just DL but most not purchased were just added by File | Add File/Folder to Library) and a 20 GB 'Photos' folder I'll be wanting to transfer.

Thankfully I'm retired so I have all the time I need for messing with tech stuff 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines