• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse FTP fails over and over... gave up, scary!

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, after moving Muse to a new computer: MacBook Pro 13" 2016 - and current operating system MacOS 10.12.6.... all uploads started failing. They would go slowly, then a single html page would take a minute, the next a minute or so... then just give up and spit up error message. Very dangerous as it did half the site and left the site broken. Just tried it again and same problem - FTP takes forever and often times out. My heart stops as it corrupts my clients site on upload.

I see this posted a few times. 

NOT THE HOSTING COMPANY

I set up syncing in Panic's Transmit 5 program and sync the website with an HTML render of my site by Muse. With recent Muse versions causing much of the site to be uploaded again (even when changing text on one page), Transmit blasts through it in a minute or two - NOT the hosting company.

Their may be something in the new Mac OS that messes with FTP. My old version of Transmit was very slow - just like Muse uploads.

After having my heart damn near stop as Muse fails in upload each time I do a change - I have lost faith in Muse and its site corrupting...

HELP! -- It's not a slow hosting company - it's MUSE.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Muses built in FTP does a little bit more than simply uploading. There are deep consistency checks.output image optimisations, checks to make sure, that the target server supports some PHP features for forms, and, and, and. If you use „Transmit“ to upload the exported site, all these actions are already done, which makes is quite normal, that it works faster at first glance.

Perhaps a look at the „manifest.xml“, which is exported too, may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never ever had failing uploads! This doen't help you, but may indicate, that it's not necessarily a Muse problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK? Must not be a Muse problem - despite many posts - because the ISP would do fast uploads with another program?

Maybe its the cat in the room...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Many posts" don't prove that much, as you might know. Why should someone post, if all works well? Perhaps it is a layout issue, perhaps your file is slightly damaged. But if you want Muse to be the culprit, what should we say?

I use Muse since its first beta version, and I can say, that upload speed got faster with nearly every version. But this doesn't help you. Especially the actual version reduced upload time on my site by ca 20 to 25 percent. Of course there might be bugs influencing upload speed under certain conditions, but if so, it only helps, if somebody of the Muse team had a look at the affected file (or throwing the cat out of the room).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes -other posts.

Perhaps it is a layout issue, perhaps your file is slightly damaged.

Neither, files uploaded fine in another FTP program.

Is there an FTP log that Muse makes that I can look at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muses built in FTP does a little bit more than simply uploading. There are deep consistency checks.output image optimisations, checks to make sure, that the target server supports some PHP features for forms, and, and, and. If you use „Transmit“ to upload the exported site, all these actions are already done, which makes is quite normal, that it works faster at first glance.

Perhaps a look at the „manifest.xml“, which is exported too, may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines