• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse FTP problem

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a website in muse, everything was working fine.

i published it to a practice server (using ftp host options from muse) just to check if site works properly on the internet.

now i want to upload it to the proper domain and server where i am supposed to post it.

The problem is that whenever i try to use ftp host publish option in muse, i cant find the option to change the website anywhere.

i can only change the ftp host server and username password, but i cant find the option to change the domain. and that is why it doesnt work even if i insert proper ftp server and login credentials.

please help me with it as i have to publish this site soon (for now i've uploaded it using external ftp softwares but i will need to make quick changes).

Thank you,

Chintan Patel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Hello Chintan,

because of your "I have to publish this site soon" in all these cases you describe you shouldn't deal with a detailed troubleshooting. To be able to be independent in all this things it is one of the reasons why I prefer an external FTP program. The difficulties with which you have to fight encourage me in this opinion, not least because we always search for experts, we don't charge a "jack of all trades".

To manage several websites or to upload my files and sometimes for the opposi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By clicking here:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-22 um 10.10.28.png

you get this?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-22 um 10.10.38.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for your answer, But whenever i click on the upload to ftp host i get the next step only i cant go back and change the domain name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look to the upper right corner in Muse’s „Upload to FTP Host …" dialog? There you will find the blue link „Switch Account …“:

Switch-account.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chintan,

because of your "I have to publish this site soon" in all these cases you describe you shouldn't deal with a detailed troubleshooting. To be able to be independent in all this things it is one of the reasons why I prefer an external FTP program. The difficulties with which you have to fight encourage me in this opinion, not least because we always search for experts, we don't charge a "jack of all trades".

To manage several websites or to upload my files and sometimes for the opposite way, for a necessary download from my server or to use a "a site-wide synch", I'm using FileZilla. It simply looks easier for me to keep track of all operations precisely and generate or reflect easily the desired tree structure.

Above all, FileZilla has a feature (translation from my German FileZilla) called "compare file list". Here it's possible to use file size or modification time as a criterion. There is also the possibility to "hide identical files", so that only these files which you want to redact remain visible.

And even if it means you have to install a new program, I am convinced that there is an advantage. Here is the link to get it and where you can read informations about how it works:

http://filezilla-project.org/ and http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Tutorial#Using_the_site_manager

Mac: Mac OS X (Use: Show additional download options)

http://filezilla-project.org/download.php

Of course, you also need all the access data to reach your server and for MIME issues, you should contact your web host/provider.

Good luck!

Hans-Günter

P.S.

Since I use two screens, the whole thing became even more comfortable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hans-g.  schrieb

Hello Chintan,

Above all, FileZilla has a feature (translation from my German FileZilla) called "compare file list". Here it's possible to use file size or modification time as a criterion. There is also the possibility to "hide identical files", so that only these files which you want to redact remain visible.

And even if it means you have to install a new program, I am convinced that there is an advantage. Here is the link to get it and where you can read informations about how it works:

http://filezilla-project.org/ and http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Tutorial#Using_the_site_manager

Mac: Mac OS X (Use: Show additional download options)

http://filezilla-project.org/download.php

Of course, you also need all the access data to reach your server and for MIME issues, you should contact your web host/provider.

Good luck!

Hans-Günter

P.S.

Since I use two screens, the whole thing became even more comfortable.

I guess you are in wrong forum? Muse publish to ftp works perfect on my side and is quite necessary to use inbrowserediting.

Your "Compare File List" from Filezilla has absolutly no advantage for muse.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Uwe, why are you quoting my whole text? And by the way, if the Muse program at OP Chintan does not work, why should he not get involved in a perfectly working program?

Hallo Uwe, warum quotest Du meinen ganzen Text? Und im Übrigen: Wenn das Muse-Programm bei OP Chintan nicht funktioniert, weshalb sollte er sich nicht auf ein tadellos arbeitendes Programm einlassen?

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hans-g.  schrieb

Hello Uwe, why are you quoting my whole text? And by the way, if the Muse program at OP Chintan does not work, why should he not get involved in a perfectly working program?

I quoted it, because in my opinion it´s like comparing apples with peas. The versatility of muse, that users or clients can easily edit thier content, opening muse next time, there´s a message, telling you about the changes that were made, merging these edits and voila have an up to date muse is more worth then using filezilla or cyberduck.

The opener knew filezilla, so nothing new. Filezilla is good to have but normally not necessary.

I quoted that part of your post, that leaves out the advantages of publish within muse.

And I wanted to make clear to give an answer to your post.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition: If the original poster isn‘t able to change the URL of his site, and upload the files via FileZilla, in order to upload the data to the new URL, TypeKit fonts, if used, won‘t work any more, because they need a correct and defined URL, what can be done in Muse‘s FTP dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. As i said i can easily use filezilla ! but with muse ftp its just simple and fast.

I dont have to Export the file than use filezilla to upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read my post 4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines