Highlighted

Muse hangs when checking site for changes when IBE is checked (plus, no thumbnails, can't quit)

Engaged ,
May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have what I am considering to be a large Muse file / site which suffers the occasional problems others have found with slow loading, and not allowing IBE updates, however this morning when opening the file to make a small change to the slideshow fade times, I found all thumbnails except the first page are blank, and that the 'checking for changes' hangs unless I turn 'Allow IN Browser Editing' to OFF.

This is an important features to the client but I cannot progress unless this is turned off. This is very frustrating as I have to keep flip flopping between telling the client he can update the site and not.

Is it just that it is a very large file, or is there a deeper IBE issue? I previously raised a support ticket regarding IBE saying that the file was created outside of Muse, which was again fixed by toggling the IBE off and on again.

I also cannot quite Muse as the option is greyed out but the application still remains open.

Thanks for any help,

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Muse hangs when checking site for changes when IBE is checked (plus, no thumbnails, can't quit)

Engaged ,
May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have what I am considering to be a large Muse file / site which suffers the occasional problems others have found with slow loading, and not allowing IBE updates, however this morning when opening the file to make a small change to the slideshow fade times, I found all thumbnails except the first page are blank, and that the 'checking for changes' hangs unless I turn 'Allow IN Browser Editing' to OFF.

This is an important features to the client but I cannot progress unless this is turned off. This is very frustrating as I have to keep flip flopping between telling the client he can update the site and not.

Is it just that it is a very large file, or is there a deeper IBE issue? I previously raised a support ticket regarding IBE saying that the file was created outside of Muse, which was again fixed by toggling the IBE off and on again.

I also cannot quite Muse as the option is greyed out but the application still remains open.

Thanks for any help,

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 22, 2017 0
May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Do you get any option to proceed further with synch or cancel?

If yes can you please try to select cancel this time and reupload your site after making the changes?

Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2017 0
Engaged ,
May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

thanks for the response. I can cancel, but if i try again, i get the same response unless i keep ibe unticked.

This morning i had to force quit to close he application.

thanks,

andrew

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2017 0
May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you reupload your whole site with "allow IBE" option and then see if it works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2017 0
Engaged ,
May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to do this overnight because the upload takes so long - though I am also getting a lot of 'Bad PASV / EPSV Response : 500 errors which keep halting the upload.

I can only upload, full site or modified files only, with 'Enable IBE' unticked, so I could not follow your instructions.

Now I have uploaded it unticked, if I try to upload again with IBE ticked, I experience the same problem.

could it be the htaccess file?

Thanks,

Andrew

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2017 0
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

I am in discussion with our engineering team regarding your issue, and we need your affected .muse file for the research purpose.

Please be assured that all the information in your site will be confidential, however, it will help us in digging into the in details.

You share your .muse file with me privately via any file sharing service like Dropbox.

For sharing it privately just need to hover the mouse on my user id and click on "message"

Best Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2017 0
Engaged ,
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ankush - much appreciated. You will find it will complain that 314 linked assets are being upscaled, I am not sure whether this is affecting the overall performance of the site but I have recently turned off HiDPI and was working my way through them, however have not experienced this IBE issue before.

I will send the file.

Thanks,

Andrew

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2017 0
Engaged ,
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Message sent - had to use firefox as Safari did not respond after pressing the send button.

Thanks,

Andrew

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2017 0
Studio96 LATEST
Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

Any update on the file investigations, please?

I am still getting these errors.

Thanks,

Andrew

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2017 0